Number 4

No one's pov unless said otherwise.

Kate and Eve were curled up on opposite ends of the couch watching a horror movie when Eleanor walked in. "Hello Mrs Bishop." Said Evelyne while Kate got off of the couch to greet her mother.

"Hello. Who is this Kate?" Eleanor wrapped her arms around Kate for a moment before letting go.

"This is Evelyne." Kate took her mothers bag and set it down on the table. "Eve this is my mom."

"Hello again, Mrs Bishop."

"Hello again Evelyne." Eleanor made her way up the stairs and to her room before Eve could say anything.

"I don't know about you Katie, but that was weird." Eve threw her blanket off and walked towards Kate. "Really weird."

"Yeah, it was. That wasn't like her at all. I'm so sorry, I forgot to ask earlier but are you hungry?" She made her way towards the kitchen and Evelyne followed.

"Not at all Katie, no."

"Really, are you sure, because I can make you something." Kate looked through the cabinets, fridge and pantry before trying to look at Eve.

"No it's fine."

"I'm going to make you something, do you like eggs?" Kate opened the fridge door and started looking for eggs.

"Kate."

"How old are you Eve?"

"Umm, 24. Why?"

"Damn, two years older than me. That's not nice." She grabbed the egg carton out of the fridge and set it my the stove reaching for the
non-stick pan and setting in on the top left burner.

Eve chuckled and stood by Kate. "Not my fault my parents decided to do the devils tango two years before yours did." She caught the egg that Kate had just dropped and handed it back to her. "Careful there butterfingers. We don't want you to break anything."

Kate reached for a spatula and hit Eve with it. "That's funny. You're still really annoying though."

Evelyne leaned up against the counter and stared at Kate. Every movement she made was elegant, yet would be intimidating if you didn't know her. Sometimes they would be swift, harsh movements, and sometimes she would make slow and soft one, but no matter how fast or slow they were, Eve never looked away. She was deeply zoned out by now and didn't realize that Kate had been saying her name for the past half a minute.

Kate finally reached over to touch the 24 year olds hand which brought her out of her thoughts and made her look at Kate.

"Oh shit- sorry, sorry. What were you saying?"

Kate removed her hand and took the plate of eggs to the table before returning back in front of Eve. "Are you okay? You seemed pretty zoned out there. Evelyne? Hello?" Kate snapped her fingers in front of the girls face and raised an eyebrow. "Whatcha thinking about?"

"Huh? Oh sorry, again." She gave a small smile and slipped out of Katherine's grasp.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, why?" Both girls walked to the table and sat down, neither of them saying anything for a few moments, not touching their food.

Kate sighed and finally broke the silence. "What are we?" She uses her pointer finger to make tiny shapes in her mind on the table cloth, something she does when she's nervous but never realized it until now.

"What do you mean Katie?" She watches Kates fingers as they make tiny circles.

"I don't know about you, but I wouldn't call us enemies anymore, so what are we."