Chapter 26

"Why are you out on your balcony right now?"

"Why not?" you responded, breaking out of your state of boketto when you heard someone calling you.

"It's raining. You've been outside in the cold weather for a while. You're gonna get sick," Ranboo said through the phone.

You let out a sigh. "Ever had that feeling where you just want to scream in the rain?"

You could hear shuffling from Ranboo's side and clicking on a mouse. "What's been stressing you out, boo?"

"Internet," you finally let out.

"Did you block them?"

"Yeah."

"Do you need me to come over?"

"No, it's fine. It's raining as well-"

You heard more shuffling on Ranboo's side. "Mom? I'm going out." A few muttering. "Yes, I know it's raining." More talking that you couldn't hear. "It's urgent." More talking. "Yeah, of course, I'll bring an umbrella." Even more talking. "I dunno. I might stay the night if it's okay with them. If not I'll be back before midnight. Bye, mom. Thanks, mom! Love ya!

"I'm heading over. Get inside right now and in the small mini room in your room," Ranboo said. You could see him running over to your house, umbrella slung over his shoulder, not opened, wearing flip flops and splashing through puddles along the way.

You nodded although he couldn't see and hung up on the call. You looked once more at the hills in the distance and stared up at the grey sky. You closed your eyes, listening to the calming sound of the rain patter around you. 

You stayed like that for a few seconds longer before opening the balcony door and stepping inside just as Ranboo, panting, burst through the door.

In your room, there was a small slanted low-ceiling room with a small close-to-the-ground window. Just recently, you removed the previous occupants of the room (random stuff from childhood and a sock apparently).

You crisscrossed apple sauce by the window while Ranboo had to practically fold in half to get in the room and sit down to the right of you.

"You want to talk about it?"

You took a glance at your phone that surprisingly still worked. "I think I'm good."

Ranboo nodded. "Just know I'll be here for you. And you don't have to stream later if you're not feeling well enough to do it."

You nodded in agreement. "What necklace is that?"

"Some crystal. I don't know if it's real or not. But it's real enough to me. I just bought it on Amazon 'cause I thought it looked cool."

"It looks pretty nice."

"You should decorate this place."

You looked around at the bare walls. "Yeah."

"Add lights. So when you close the door- you should put up some LED lights in here. Maybe like a memory wall or something. I don't know. Oh, hello Domino."

Domino meowed as he entered, weaving through and finding a comfortable spot by the windowsill.

Your hand made its way to give the cat some head scratches.

"I wish my dog was that calm. They just be dogs and bark. Cats and their meowing aren't as loud as the dogs."

"Depends."

"Oh, no no no. No getting smart over me. I've already surrendered to the cat army."

"Aw. Does that mean you've accepted the name little meow meow now?"

"No."

"C'mon Ranboo. Embrace your inner cat-ness."

"No thank you."

You rested your head on Ranboo's lap as you stared through the window. Ranboo's hands found their way to comb your hair in a relaxing and soothing way.

"Are you gonna take the day off...?" Ranboo asked.

"Sure."

"I'll take a day off with you then too."

Ranboo leaned towards your face and planted a small kiss on your forehead

Ranboo leaned towards your face and planted a small kiss on your forehead. "I'll always be here if you ever need me. Even if that does mean I'll have to pay more for the electric bill to wash these clothes."

"If I get shamed by PG&E, you must as well."

"Curious question. How many kids do you want to have?"

"Ayo?" you opened your eyes suddenly after closing them when relaxing to Ranboo's touch.

"No. Like. I'm actually curious. Like- I'm not trying to... Just curious. Nothing else. Just a question. Do you want kids in the most unweird way?"

You relaxed again as Ranboo ran his fingers through your hair. "Yeah, I guess. Maybe like one or two. Any more than that is a bit much. Speaking from experience. You?"

"Yeah. Same thing. Any more than that and they become little abominations."

 You scoffed. "They already are. What's your biggest fear."

"Necrophobia. So far with what I've experienced with."

"You've seen dead bodies?"

"I've seen corpses of skunks, squirrels, crows, more birds, and stuff on the road."

"I developed a new fear the other day."

"Oh? What is it?"

"Trypophobia."

"What's that?"

"Fear of clusters of small holes, bumps, or patterns."

"How did you develop it?"

"I was looking through pictures of me as a child in Hawaii. My mom took a picture of a fern's spores and I nearly threw up. I just recently found out the name of the fear. Traumatized for life. Not that I wasn't before."

"Aw, poor you," Ranboo cooed, booping you on the nose with his left hand. 

You simply smiled at his antics, your right hand moving back to scratch Domino's head. You grabbed Ranboo's left hand with yours, tracing small circles on the palm and entangling it.