Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Alice and Anna had gone back with Cathy to her place to get ready for the party. After they met up at the smoothie shack, Cathy and Alice dragged Anna around the shops again, as they hadn’t visited any. Jayce just trailed behind carrying all of their bags.

While Anna was being dragged around the store, Cathy told her what happened at the meeting. They apparently loved her designs, and would love to offer her a spot on the team. Cathy was delighted at the prospect of been part of a designing company as it was one step closer to her dream of being a famous designer.

 When they had finally finished shopping, Alice and Anna went back with Cathy to her place to get ready for the party. Jayce went over to Zach’s as he was dragging him to the party as well, not that he would get an objection from his cousin once he found out Cathy was going to be there.

‘Annie come here, it’s your turn now. Both me and Alice are ready.’ Cathy grabbed Annabelle by the shoulders before she could protest and forced her down on the stool behind her dressing table. First she straightened her hair, and then she curled it at the bottom, creating big loose curls, once she was done she sprayed it with hair spray to keep it in place. She then started on Annabelle’s make up, applying eyeshadow, mascara and eyeliner to match the dress that Annabelle bought when shopping with Jayce. 

By the time she had finished Anna’s make up it was time to leave and all Anna had to do was put her dress and shoes on and then they could go. Anna removed the dress from the bag and stood admiring it, it was beautiful. A navy blue colour, the bodice was covered in sequins and gems, which led down to a puffy skirt that was a couple of inches above the knee. She put it on and admired herself in the mirror. She felt pretty. She hadn’t worn a dress in 7 years and it was safe to say it felt weird.

‘Anna come on down, our ride is here.’  Cathy called from the bottom of the stairs.

Annabelle was confused, Catherine was supposed to be taking them to the party as Alice and she couldn’t drive. ‘I thought you were driving us there?’ Anna asked as she made her way down the stairs.

‘No that would be me.’

Anna looked over to the front door where Jayce was standing leaning against the door frame, wearing a short sleeve burgundy marl smart shirt and a pair of blue jeans, his hair style could only be described as messy but he made it work. And only an idiot would say he didn’t look hot.  He looked Annabelle up and down, discreetly, trying to hide the fact he was checking her out, but Anna noticed.

Anna twirled around and then smirked at him. ‘Like what you see Jaycey.’

Jayce looked into Annabelle’s twinkling eyes and smiled. ‘Yes I do,’ he then grabbed her hand and led her to the car, ‘Now let’s go.’

Annabelle pulled back her hand and stopped on the drive way, ‘Jayce?’

‘Yes?’ He stopped and looked over his shoulder.

She walked over to him, ‘I’ve never really been to a party before.’

He smiled at her, his nice genuine smile, the one he rarely wears. ’Don’t worry just stick with me, I’ll look after you.’ He then winked at her before hopping into the driving seat sitting next to Zach, and she got in the back next to Alice and Cath.

They arrived at the party about 20 minutes later, the music was blasting and they could hear it from the car. Alice, Cathy and Zach hopped out the car quickly and made their way to the front door, when Cathy saw Annabelle wasn’t with them she turned back to look at the car, ‘You coming?’

‘Yeah just give me a second, my shoe strap came undone, I’ll meet you in the party.’

Cathy nodded and then followed Alice and Zach into the house.