🌔Solar Eclipse Christmas🎄

inspired on the recent video of Umbra giving you a gift!

<><><><><><>

      Jaxe quickly stepped in after the door was opened. He shivered and shook the snow off of himself. "Couldn't this holiday be in a warmer time of the year?" Jaxe complained as he set his couple of gifts down on the floor. He scratched where the ugly sweater itched against his neck as he placed his axe against the fireplace.

      Swamp Monster was sitting close by the fire, a simular sweater forced on him. Penumbras was on the couch, a heavy blanket swaddled around him. He did not fair against the cold and he kept away from the outside. His hands did poke out to hold a still steaming mug of hot chocolate. Jaxe only hoped that the batch was made by him and not Umbra.

      Umbra closed the door, shivering at the cold air that was let in. She wore an ugly sweater herself, but it had puff balls littered around with a terrifying ugly snowman in the middle that was meant to be cute. "You could of at least shakin yourself outside," Umbra scolded Jaxe as she made her way back over to the small group.

      Jaxe moved his presents under the tree he had picked and cut down earlier in the month. Umbra took the liberty of decorating it, to which the tree looked absolutely horrible. But Penumbras and Umbra loved it. Thankfully, Penumbras did the rest of the decorating around the small log cabin.

      Instead of having it in the castle, Umbra insisted they get away every year and come here for the holidays. Jaxe and Monster would never understand why the queen would like such a time of the year, but she adored it. Of course, Penumbras followed Umbra every where she went. Except outside in the snow, he'd rather watch her leave than go to the door.

      "Why again did you make us wear these? I had to cut holes in mine," Monster waved around a tentacle to show what he meant. "Yeah! And they're itchy!" Jaxe itched himself all around, angry at the sweater. Umbra scoffed, "It's tradition to wear such ugly appearal! Besides, I like them. Didn't your father make that for you?"

      "One or both of them did. Either way, it lives up to its name," Jaxe sat down on the floor near the fireplace and rubbed his hands, warming them up. Penumbras hadn't said a word, opting to silently fall asleep among them. But he jolted awake at the feeling of having his covers pulled away from him. Underneath, he wore an ugly sweater with a bunch of Christmas hearts around it. He secretly liked the design but Umbra thought of it as the ugliest sweater known to man.

      "I'm too lazy to go get my own blanket," Umbra told him before Penumbras could even ask. Umbra scooted as close to Penumbras as possible, who held onto his drink tightly. She brought her legs up and wrapped the blanket around them again, the large comforter being able to wrap around the two. Penumbras tried to awkwardly drink his cocoa but Umbra snatched it from him, feeling thirsty.

      Penumbras sat there embarrassed, staring ahead to not look at the woman he adored. "Daw! Look at the lovely couple on the couch!" Jaxe teased. "Shut up you lousy vegetable!" Penumbras yelled at him, but faultered as Umbra cuddled up to him. Jaxe and Monster laughed at the void titan who was a bright shade of purple right now.

      "It's getting cold," Umbra handed the cup back to Penumbras, who was disappointed at seeing it almost gone. He chugged the rest and tossed the cup at Jaxe, hitting him in the back. At least the mug didn't break! "Ow! Asshole! Whatever, I need to go anyways. My folks want me to come over and spend the night like I'm some baby," Jaxe picked up the mug and pushed himself off the ground.