Chapter 3

It wasn't hard to find the culprit because he already had another snowball in his hand. The cyanette who had thrown it had a big grin on his face and was looking at Joey in a challenging way.

"That was unnecessary." grumbled Joey angrily

"Disadvantages of having a partner who has an older sibling." laughed Scott. This was not the first time the two had had a friendly fight.

Joey turned on his heels and ran to the person standing in front of a now decorated pine tree. "Xorny he's bullying me." there was the usual complaint.

"You know him enough now that you must know that my brother does that."

"Now I'm being bullied twice."

Scott dropped the snowball he still had in his hand and ran his hand through his hair. Almost everyone from the village was outside doing their own thing in the snow.

He was pretty sure that Gem was now busy with Katherine trying to get fWhip into an igloo that the two ladies had made with Shubble.

He himself was busy pestering his sibling's boyfriend.

Scott got around again but just like an hour or two ago, he didn't see Jimmy. Now that he thought about it he hadn't seen the blond at all today or last night when it started snowing.

The cyanette left the two lovebirds behind and started walking towards Jimmy's house to see if he wanted to come out.

He arrived at the house, walked up to the front door and knocked.

After a while the door opened and a certain blond came into Scott's view.

"Am I interrupting?" asked Scott and the other shook his head of no. Why did Jimmy seem so sad?

"Do you feel like coming outside? I think Gem is about to make chocolate milk for everyone." He hoped this was going to help get the other person to come out. It was no lie that the baker would be making chocolate milk later.

"Sweet of you to ask but no," said Jimmy in a soft voice and he grabbed the door handle to close the door again.

"Why not?" Scott asked worriedly. Was Jimmy sick? Is that why he didn't want to go out?

"I don't feel like it." was all Scott heard before the door was gently closed to him.

It was not meant in a mean way to get the other person to leave. It was more like a sign that we would talk later.

Scott must have accepted it because Jimmy saw him walk away from his home.

The blond sighed and stood with his back against the door. He felt terrible. 1 because the day it had happened was getting closer and closer and 2 because he had just closed the door on Scott.

He liked the cyanette very much. He thought Scott was really sweet and kind but he didn't dare let the other person know what had happened.

He had not been asked about it and Jimmy wanted to keep it that way.

He didn't want to go outside and walk through the snow. He didn't want to see the Christmas decorations that the others had put up.

--

Scott went into Gem's bakery after his failed mission. He had come up with a plan B to get the other out or at least to find out why he didn't want to go out.

It was Christmas in about 2 weeks. Who didn't want to go outside in this weather? There was snow everywhere. It was wonderful

"Gem?" called Scott as he walked into the building and looked around. He didn't see the orange-haired one.