Chapter seventeen: Reaching out

Eugeo's POV

It has been 6 days now since Alice and I have infiltrated the cathedral tower. Meeting Asuna and the whole chaos with Kirito. After the ordeal with Eldrie, the big tall guy that I fought in on floor 90, the grand bath. I think his name is General Bercouil. He has ordered the other knights to not attack or send me to the underground cells since my crimes have been resolved. My punishment is to be staying here with the knights that I fought with. Alice must've told Bercouil about the problem we had to deal with Quinella and she would've have to lie about it.

Although people kept giving me disgusted or just in disbelief glares that they're letting a criminal like me roam free in the axiom church whenever I want to. I just feel like I want to yell at them, to justify my crimes but I couldn't. Something is holding me back to raise my voice and I don't know what it is..

I sigh and closed the book that I have been reading. Honesty, looking back at it. I may have made some good progress but at the same time. I wasn't. For some reason, Alice is avoiding me and lady Asuna is interacting with the other knights. While me, I'm just sitting on the staircases here with a book I have found on the Geographical Records room on floor 58.

"Mister Eugeo?.." I heard a voice as I turn my head to see who it is. "Oh Kiyoko. Did you need something?" I ask and she approached to me. She reminds me so much of Kirito but dull and empty, did that Piety Module didn't just remove her memories but also remove her emotions?

"Sir Kirito has sent me to inform you that my training with you is today." She said and she had two wooden swords with her. I blink for a moment then realized I might be late and Kirito may be there waiting. "Oh uh! I forgot about that! Kirito didn't tell me about when we start so.." I immediately took one of her wooden swords she is carrying. As I put the book I was reading into my pockets. "Okay uh.. Let's get there and hopefully fast enough to run. We are on floor 10." Yeah hopefully we can get there without Kirito yelling at me that I'm late.

I started to run down the stairs as fast as I can, my chest started to be tightened due to my stamina, like seriously why are there so many stairs?! I can hear Kiyoko catching up to me. I'm surprised a little girl like her can keep up with me. Well she isn't a little girl since she is one of the victims apart of the synthesized ritual so she could be over 200- Wait stop what am I thinking?! I shouldn't be disrespectful to a girl especially it's a child..

I felt myself slip as the world around me started to spin around, feeling my entire body falling down the staircases and I have landed on the solid floor. Kiyoko immediately ran to check on me, "Sir Eugeo, are you okay?" She ask as I sat up. "I'm okay, no need to worry about me. All we need is to head to the rose gardens." I said reassuring her that I'm alright even though I felt my leg snapped but it's alright.

I ran to the door and open it, Kiyoko went in first as I follow her behind. Kirito is there waiting as he seems to be annoyed. "What took you so long?!" He shouted and I flinched by his voice. "I-I'm sorry about that Kirito. I didn't know today is her training day." Standing Infront of Kirito made me feel scared. I really don't want to make him more angry at me.

"Tch it's fine, your punishment from being late is train Kiyoko till she manages to get her durability up so she can use a damn sword instead of a wooden one. I don't care how long it will take, no rest till I say so." He ordered as I bow my head. "Y-Yes Kirito." I didn't like it but I have to get used to it.

Kiyoko and I went into position, gripping onto the wooden swords. "Alright Kiyoko, I want to see your progress so far while training with him. Don't hold back!" I shout as I charged at her. The aura started to go green on the blade, dashes towards Kiyoko to deal a downward strike. One of the Aincrad style, sword skill, Sonic leap!