CSJ

It is currently 2020, right after the big lockdown. The Formula 1 drivers are returning to the racetracks, but the fans cannot attend because of COVID. Austria is where they had their first race since the pandemic interrupted the 2020 season. It is now the middle of the 2020 season. 

Y/N POV

Carlos and I have been dating since the end of 2019. Everything has been amazing with Carlos and me. I never thought I was going to date a Formula 1 driver. I didn't think I could handle the stress of dating a racer because their jobs are perilous and each practice, qualification, or race is risky. It's something that I tried to avoid enduring, but I fell for Carlos' charms, charisma, brains, Spanish accent, and sexy body. Do I still feel nervous every time he gets into that McLaren? Yes, I do, and it isn't just for him. I get nervous about all racers and I just hope they all have safe races. 

Carlos and I met through my best friend of nine years, Max Verstappen. Max and I have been friends since I was thirteen and he was fourteen. Now he's 23 and I am 22 years old. Carlos is 25. Carlos and I got acquainted when Max started for Toro Rosso in 2015. We became friends, while the two of us were in separate relationships at that time. Four years later we were both single and by the end of 2019, Carlos and I began to date. 

We were in our hotel room on a Wednesday, two days before Carlos had to do his practice with McLaren. We found out that Daniel Ricciardo is leaving Renault to come to McLaren. Carlos was pacing back and forth. 

"He's coming to McLaren Y/N." He told me as he continued to walk back and forth. 

"I know baby, but you're getting me dizzy," I confessed. He stopped and turned to face me. 

"Sorry, mi amor." He apologized as he came to sit next to me. 

"It's okay, I know you're worried." I took his hand in mine and our eyes locked. I could see the worry in his eyes. He wasn't sure what the future was going to hold for him and sometimes with this sport, they don't know what was going to happen.

"The last time he moved from Red Bull to Renault, they made me leave. Luckily for me, McLaren took me in." He explained and I nodded. 

"I remember, Max told me what happened, before the announcement." 

"What if McLaren does that to me this time? What if I don't have another option?" He asked. 

"No, don't say that, you'll have another option in case they do want you to leave. Do you think they will?" I answered. He shrugged. 

"I don't know. We never know." I didn't know what else to say because there was nothing else to say. No one knows what is going to happen. I took him into my arms and he buried his head in my chest and let out a sigh. I placed a kiss on the top of his head. 

"Whatever you decide to do, I will support you no matter what," I reassured him. 

"I know mi amor, gracias." He thanked me, not moving from his spot. 

While Carlos was in the shower, I texted his manager who is also his cousin, Carlos "Caco". 

Me: He's a nervous mess. 

Caco: That bad?

Me: Yeah, he's worried he might not be racing next season. 

Caco: Understandable. 

Me: I know, I wish there is something I could do. 

Caco: I know. I'll see what I can do, not much, but maybe something.

Me: Hopefully. I hate seeing him like this. 

Caco: Sé, hopefully, we'll know something soon.

Me: Hopefully. 

Caco: Go rest up, we'll see tomorrow.

Me: Deal. Good night Caco.

Caco: Good night. 

Carlos POV:

A couple of days later and I had an announcement to make to the world. Starting in the 2021 season I will be racing with Scuderia Ferrari alongside Charles Leclerc. I had a press conference where I announced my decision. True to her word, Y/N, was right by my side and supported my decision. There were a lot of people who were shocked by my decision, but when Ferrari want you to race with them, you would be a fool to say no. 

They want me. They chose me and to be with them is a dream come true. There were quite a few criticisms as well because this season, Ferrari wasn't doing as well as they used to. There were a lot of "Are you sure?" 

"Ferrari, really?" 

"But they are really bad this year." I ignored them. This is what I wanted, this is what I felt was going to be the best move for me. Who knows, next season may be a better season for them and it may be because of Charles and me. I know I'm not going to regret my decision. 

After the press conference was over, I took Y/N by the hand and led her away from the cameras and mics. Once we stopped walking she placed her hand on my cheek and gave me a smile. 

"Cómo te sientes ahora?" She questioned. 

"Very good," I replied. 

"That's good, baby." I smiled at her. 

"Thank you mi reina, for being by my side through this all." I thanked her. 

"You are my whole world Carlos Sainz Jr. and I will always be by your side." She told me and I kissed the inside of her hand that was on my cheek. 

"Eres toda mi vida, te amo mucho mi amor." 

"Te quiero." I leaned down and captured her lips with mine. She kissed me back softly, wrapping her arms around my neck. 

"Let's get out of here," I told her as we pulled apart. She nodded and we walked back to the hotel hand in hand.