DR

A/N: Slight trigger warning about body image.

Reminder to all you beautiful humans. You are beautiful. You are pretty. You are gorgeous. No matter what society thinks. As long as you feel good in your own skin, then fuck the world who says otherwise. I would know, I have struggled with my body image for so long. Even my family nitpick on how I "should look". Anyways, on to the imagine. 

~Love J💙. 

Y/N Pov:

I know dating someone in the public eye would not be easy. I signed up for this. I get it. As much as Daniel and I try to keep some things private, there are other things that we can't. Daniel and I have been dating for four years. We made our relationship public a few months ago. That's when it started. 

I know I should ignore it. On most occasions I do, but there is only so much I can ignore. Daniel wasn't home. He had a press conference for McLaren. I grew bored because I had the day off from work and so I opened Google Chrome. 

This week's headlines were the ones that were hard to ignore. I know it was a stupid website, but it's the comments that were insane.

'Daniel Ricciardo's Girlfriend differs from the Other F1 Significant Others'

One reader commented: 

I don't know what Daniel sees in her. She's fat and nothing like his previous girlfriends!

Another commented: 

She does not fit in with the rest of the F1 SO. Ridiculous.

I must admit that there were some people to defend me:

Y'all are being rude af. He loves her and she makes him happy. That's all that matters.

I smiled at that one, but there were so many hate comments, it was hard to look past them. I placed my phone on the nightstand in the bedroom that Daniel and I share. I walked over to the full-length mirror that was in our walk-in closet. 

I took off the dress that I was wearing. I stood in front of the mirror in my bra and underwear. I started to inspect my body. I had a big chest, I wear size 34 D bras. I had a relatively slim waist, but I had love handles. My arms were bigger than others. I had thick thighs for days. I wasn't that tall. I was 5'5 (around 1.65m). I really didn't look like the other significant others of the Formula 1 drivers. They were either literal models or looked like them. 

I didn't fit in. Not that any of them made me feel unwanted, but I still do from time to time. Yeah, I am friends with the girls, but when we do go out the looks that I get are quite obvious. I try my best to have a positive mindset. I try to be body positive and to love my body, but it gets hard. Especially with every other person scrutinizing your looks. I kept turning around in the mirror, looking at myself from different angles as if that was going to make a difference. Spoiler alert: it doesn't. 

To make it all worse, my mother's voice came flooding my mind. 

"You gained weight, honey."

"I don't understand why we pay money for these dieticians if all you plan to do is eat."

"Y/N, watch what you eat."