Chapter 12

It was hard to believe that Jess had never been on a date, considering how astonishingly stunning she is.

I didn't the to assume anything and ruin the relationship before it had even started so I asked her about it.

".. Have YOU ever been on a date..?" I blushed and raised a brow in curiosity.

She took a moment to reply, blushing and looking at the ground.

"no.. Not really.. " she stuttered shyly.

I sighed,  noticing she was slightly upset.

I moved my body beside hers and rubbed her back lightly, attempting to give her comfort.

I spoke gently, almost in a whisper.

"are you alright..?"

She let out a long, stressful sigh and looked at me.

I could see sadness in her eyes and I became concerned.

"please.. Please talk to me. That's what best friends.. Or uh.. Girlfriends are for.. Right?"

She giggled lightly but it was obvious that she was still unhappy with her thoughts.

I pulled her in for a hug and whispered into her ear calmly.

"I'm not going to hurt you, Jess. I can promise you that."

I felt her body shiver and realized that she had started crying.

I panicked and pulled away from the hug, placing my hands gently on the sides of her arms.

Her face was hidden by her hair and she refused to look at me.

"I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to make you more upset, I swear.. I would never want to hurt you. "

She sniffled and took a few deep breaths.

With her head still down she spoke tenderly, her voice shaky.

"I've never liked someone as much as I like you and considering my luck you're gonna want to leave me at some point.."

I rubbed my thumbs slowly against her arms in attempt to relax her nerves.

I didn't know what to think or what I was supposed to say.

I can't tell the future so I wouldn't know what the future holds for the both of us but from what I felt I knew I didn't want to leave her any time soon.

I placed my hand gently under her chin and lifted her head to face me but she still wouldn't make eye contact.

"Jess.. Whatever happens between us doesn't matter right now. I will never stop caring about you and I'll never stop loving you whether it be as a friend, as family or as your lover..."

She took some deep breaths as I wiped away her tears and she finally looked me in the eyes.

With a shaky, gentle voice she spoke to me, "I honestly thought I would never be loved in any way for the longest time.. It'll take a while for me to be comfortable with the idea of it all..."

She paused and looked at me with surprise.

I raised my brow.

"what..?" I stuttered nervously. 

She furrowed her brows at me and giggled gently.

"did... Did you just say you love me..?" she asked.

I blushed and bit my lip, embarrassed.

"I guess so.. Heh.." I smiled awkwardly.