Chapter 7

They stayed there for a while. A while after, katie spoke. "Do you want to sit down on the couch, watch a movie perhaps?" Katie said looking up at Stanley. He nodded his head and took her hand, leading her to the couch. They were watching a romantic comedy movie, and half way through katie fell asleep on Stanley's shoulder.

*Stanley's POV*

Half way through the movie I looked down at katie and saw she was asleep. I gently movies her body so that she was a bit more comfortable and I took the blanket from the back of the couch, pulling it over her to keep her warm.

I continued to watch the movie and then Ophelia ran out of my room shouting for Katie. Fuck, I thought, Ophelia was going to wake her up. Katie slowly began to wake up. Shit.

*Katie's POV*

I heard someone calling my name, but I couldn't see who it was. Shit, I must have fallen asleep. I slowly woke up to the sound of Stanley telling Ophelia to be quiet. I sat up and saw that Ophelia was about to cry.

*Narrator's POV*

Katie opened up her arms for Ophelia as she was still adjusting to the light. Ophelia ran into her arms and snuggled her head into the crook of Katie's neck. They sat there for a while, katie rocking Ophelia back and forth and Stanley having his arm around katie. A few moments later, katie remembered that she had to go and check on Sadie. "I have to go and check on Katie, I'm really sorry" katie said in an apologetic tone.