eight: lights, camera, distraction

•Francesca pov•

Scene begins in the kitchen)

Ravi: I hope Jessie's audition went well. Does anyone know what it was for?

(Jessie closes door while wearing a hot dog costume and holds sign that says "Dan's Hot Diggity Dogs")

Jessie: I just had the worst day ever.

Bertram: Well,mine just got better! (laughs)

Jessie: OK, so I thought I was auditioning for a local TV commercial. Then suddenly, they zip me into this get-up and I'm standing on the street, trying to get people to eat at "Dan's Diggity Dog Delight"! Which by the way, smells worse than the inside of this costume. Seriously, who wore this before me, Big Foot? (about to fall down)

(All help Jessie get up and say "Whoa!" repeatedly)

Emma: Why didn't you just take the suit off?

France: Although,that mustard brings out your eyes!

Jessie: Because, the zipper got stuck and then the bus driver said he wouldn't let me on because food is not allowed.

France: this New York you never trust take crap from anyone

Ravi: It is New York. I am sure no one noticed!

Jessie: Oh, yeah? I was chased for 20 blocks by hungry dogs and angry vegans! Considering they don't eat meat, those lentil lovers have a surprising amount of stamina!

Bertram: Well, I'm just glad you finally got-

Jessie: Don't say it! (puts hand out)

Bertram: A big roll! (laughs with Emma, france Luke, Ravi, and Zuri)

Jessie: (breaks serving spoon, grunts)

Bertram: Hey, you're a meany weenie!

France: and you're a little child that needs to pick on sad Jessie to feel like the bigger man!

Jessie puts broken spoon down)

(Theme song plays)

(Time changes to night, scene changes to living room)

(Bertram walks in while holding a flowerpot)

Jessie: Bertram, I have some very exciting news!

Bertram: Great! (walks away, looks weirdly)

Jessie: Get back here or your fancy new 8-slice toaster is toast!

(Bertram walks back, puts flowers down)

Jessie: OK,after my whole hot dog debacle, I realized I needed to do something to take my career to the next level.

Bertram: Don't you need a career first? (chuckles)

Jessie: (hits Bertram with magazine)

Bertram: Ow! (holds hip)

Jessie:So,I signed up for a short film competition called Quick Flicks. Contestants have just 24 hours to write,shoot,and star in a film!

Bertram:Oh,so then you can fail 3 times!(takes magazine quickly)

Jessie:My next film is going to be a mystery about the disappearance of an annoying butler! Spoiler alert,the nanny did it!

(Bertram walks faster,Jessie sits down and uses her tablet)

scene changes to screening room)

Jessie:So,what did you guys think of my script? Be honest,unless you hated it,then be quiet.