☏♫𝑆𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟 ♫☏

I just realized I make all of my imagines depressing as hell sorry about that its just how i write

also i didnt edit this at all or even look over it so be prepared to read some weird ass shit

enjoy ;)

-

btw if you think I put stuttering or speaking problems in my stories to make my character 'quirky' then u stupid af

I stared in the dirty mirror of my bathroom, facing my reddened reflection in dismay. I knew I was going to mess this up as usual. Aidan had just invited me to a sleepover, and the offer had caught me by surprise. Not once had he came up with this idea; neither did I. We both knew that we weren't the best of friends, but maybe he wanted to change that. Or maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

The dirty-white tiles that were placed ever so evenly underneath me scrambled and blurred in my vision as I eyed the bag that rested against the cabinets. It was no secret that I was beyond terrified to see him, though we see each other quite often at school. It was dramatically different this time. He was willingly inviting me to come over, and not just because I was sitting alone at a desolate lunch table. He wanted to see me. And I wanted to see him.

But, that wasn't the issue that I was dealing with. For a while, I have had slight feelings for him. It was strange, since he was the first crush I've ever had, and even a friend for that matter. Ever since I was younger, I have been moving from place to place constantly, due to my dad being in the military. That prevented me from making any friends, or even acquaintances. My life was painted black and white; nothing unique, nothing colorful. Nothing out of the ordinary that stood out and gave me personality. The only thing I had on my mind was when and where I was to be next. Like the next chapter in an old history textbook. And no one loves history. Maybe I was the definition of history, or had the word printed in dark ink on my forehead. Ha.

So, when I finally made a friend, it left me bewildered that he hadn't left already. I mean, who would want to hang out with someone who doesn't even speak or know anyone? I might as well be viewed as shades of monochrome, like from one of those old films that were from the 1910s, no music, no talking, silence. But Aidan always understood me, as if I were speaking clearly to him. Maybe he has telepathy and can read my mind.

I placed my hands on the sink and steady myself, and looked in the mirror. My outfit wasn't mind-boggling, but it was something. It consisted of a plain white shirt, blue jeans, and broken in converse. I never took a liking to wear makeup, and my face was plain yet scruffy looking. Not flattering, but it was just a sleepover. Who cares?

I grabbed my bag: the pins that were stuck in the front clinked against one another as I shouldered it and made my way out of the house. His place wasn't far from where I lived, so I decided to bike there. Either way, I needed some fresh air. The sky was a gleaming color of jet black obsidian, and white stars were sprinkled here and there to give the creatures the slightest mercy of being able to see through the lonely night. The still wind roared in my ears as I sped down the sidewalk on my bike, my H/C hair whipping behind me. It was a nice night; pretty, to be in fact. I preferred nights over daytime. It attracted people outside, and I hated people. It was also like the light of the sun was screaming in my face, demanding me to go inside before I burned up. Not only was I the word 'history', but I'm also the word 'vampire' too.

A branch swung low and dipped its long brown arm over the sidewalk, and I took no notice of it as I eyed the passing houses. I was in a tranquil state, almost being content, until my world tilted sideways. A harsh wack hit me in the side of my face as I laid flat on the concrete, a big scrape stretched across my cheek and up to my eyebrow. The branch got caught underneath my wheel and caused me to fall over. I grimaced at the throbbing pain that rested atop my sensitive skin, and reached up to touch it. The pain dissipated into sharp stings when the tips of my fingers touched the raw flesh, and I flinched. Whatever. Maybe if I go to Aidan's he'll get me a bandaid.