Chaper 2 - HAPPINESS

Ever since the accident I would constantly nag my father asking him when I'd get a new mother. Hearing something like that from a child most likely tore my father apart from the inside even though he barely ever showed it. It wasn't that my father was incapable of taking care of me on his own or that I didn't like living with just the two of us it was just because I would constantly get bored and sad on my own especially when I'd be home alone.

The reason I began to be happy is because my father had given me the one thing I needed the most in the entire world and that was a mother. At first I didn't know who she was , I only knew that her name was Mary Smith and she worked at my uncles school as a high-school teacher.

She didn't stay with us or leave never us but we would often go to her house after school and we would watch movies or go out to restaurants for dinner and at that time I was truly happy , this is also around the same I instinctively started calling her mom. After months of spending time with the woman I regard to be my mother we went on what I thought was just a family trip but my dad told me that we were actually going to fetch "something" but he refused to say what. Before going to fetch this " something " we took a few detours and went sight-seeing, then we grabbed a quick lunch at a drive thru.

We finally made it to our destination which was just the parking lot a shopping center. After what seemed like ages of waiting a bus pulled up and parked a few meters from us and among the crowd of people that were leaving the bus a boy carrying a backpack and a dufflebag started running toward us shouting out " mama!! mama!! " at first confused so I looked around to see who he was calling out to but then I saw my mother Mary run towards him and give him a hug , then they started walking back to us , I was a little curious as to who the boy was but no one told me anything until we got home and I found out that he was my brother and his name was Maxwell Smith.

My mom said he would only be here for two months until beginning of the coming year because he had to go back to school. At the time I simply accepted it and treated him as though we had known each other our whole lives and we got along extremely well but unfortunately those two months went by as if they were nothing and I had to say goodbye to my friend. " Max come and visit again during the holidays !" I said excitedly as he got in the car with my dad to go back home, and that's how I met my stepbrother.