CHAPTER 5 - SLAVES OF ADDICTION

Her name was Kaitlyn Penelope Reynolds and she was my reason for looking forward to the next day. She was the only person I was completely honest with and this was a great feat she had accomplished because I was barely ever honest with anyone let alone myself. When I met Kaitlyn she had a boyfriend but I really didn't care and all I wanted was to be friends with her and surprisingly she was very enthusiastic and upbeat and she had a very kind and lovely personality and she had a warm, resenda green aura which smelt of freshness and freedom. Within a year Kaitlyn became my female best friend and she had become a drug to me. It was as if she was my personal brand of heroin and I was like the charger to her phone , i gave her life and power. She was the world's most dangerous predator to me , a predator whose presence illiated me every thing about her invited me in. Her voice, her face, even her smell. As if she would need any of that though. In my eyes Kaitlyn was nothing but perfect she was the last piece of the puzzle I had been looking for. I had completely made up my mind that I would most definitely marry this girl even if it meant I had fight an army , I would enter and leave victorious but little did I know the leader of the army I had massacred was myself and it took me two years to find out.

There were three things I was absolutely sure of : 1. Kaitlyn was an intoxicating drug that I couldn't get enough of and being around her made me want her even more , 2. I knew there was a part of her deep down that sought my demise and that she would one day devour me 3. I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with her. She had me in a state of immerensis. She had me trapped. Trapped in limbo.

When I was trapped in limbo my emotions and thoughts would constantly go back and forth in an infinite loop. Kaitlyn who had stopped my imprisonment threw me down into a basement cell so deep and dark that no one would ever find me no matter how long they searched , she had made me a slave. After she had chained me down we began to lose contact and eventually we stopped talking and the reason we stopped talking was extremely childish and stupid , we stopped talking with each other because of a kpop group and that's why for two long months I didn't once think of her or talk to her I didn't even think of talking to her I tried my best to stay clear of her , even on her birthday I deliberately ignored her birth and attempted to erase her from my mind in order to metamorphosize and to harden my heart and that's when I began to climb out of that basement and reinvent myself. What me and Kaitlyn had wasn't all bad , there were times when we would constantly be thinking about each other and when we saw each other we just be filled with joy and even though we lost touch we still loved each other. Well at least I still loved her with every fiber of my being and it seemed that even though I wanted nothing to do with her I was actually still obsessed with her , she was all that was on my mind day in and day out. And even if I didn't want to admit it I knew for a fact that I was still in love with her and it was as if I had fallen even harder for her.

When teens reach puberty they become less decisive , more indecisive and more addicted and for most this affects them mentally , emotionally and physically. This was the case for me when I reached puberty I became trapped in limbo. One would wonder why it was that I would constantly get caught in some mental or emotional ploy but at the end of the day aren't we all just puppets being pulled along for someone else's enjoyment ? The world is a horrendous place full of addicted monsters who instill their own virtues and beliefs into newborns. These monsters are people who are addicted to different things , For some it's drink, some it's women, some even religion, family, the king, dreams, children, power. These addictions become their cause for living , the reason they push on and It eventually it turns into their captor, the same thing that gave them power eventually imprison's them and some don't notice till they reach their end.

What were my addictions?
They were love and power.