CHAPTER 4 - ESCAPE FROM THE DARKNESS

At the beginning of the seventh grade I was a shattered vessel of emotions. It was almost as if the version of me that was always smiling and looking for love was abandoned and cast into a void of darkness and was replaced by a being of negative emotions who wore a mask of happiness and fooled everyone I know by pretending to be me. In the void where I was cast I had no one my only companions where my thoughts and anxiety and in time I became accustomed to being in the darkness until I met her , well actually them...

It was on the 9th of February , a day I will never forget not even on my deathbed. On this day our principal announced that the following week on Tuesday the 14th of February the school would be hosting a valentines day event and as you can guess the entire school was ecstatic except for me. Not surprisingly the only thing people could talk about the whole day was about the event and who would be their valentine but little did I know I was about to be freed from cell of darkness by the one person I would least expect.

When the bell had rang for after school I packed my bag , swung it over my shoulder and left the with my face buried deep into a novel , this was the only effective way I found to silence the commotion. I reach the school gate and waited for my dad to come pick me up. After a few minutes of waiting a girl approached me , at first she just stood there while stealing glances at me and eventually I got annoyed and asked her
" uhh , sorry but why do you keep looking at me ? " and she said " uhh sorry about that but can u ask you a question? " I told her to just ask her question and go , then she said " 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘄𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝗳 𝗜 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗯𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘃𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁 ? "

I was too stunned to speak. I immediately asked if she was pranking me or if she was dared to do this and surprisingly she said 𝗻𝗼. As you can imagine I was in shock and I immediately told yes since I want going with anyone. She said great I'll see you tomorrow valentine and as she started to walk away I remembered I didn't know her name or who she was , so I stopped her " hey I didn't get your name ? " and she said with a smile " ohh my name's Celeste "

" Celeste " a name I found interesting. Not only were her looks captivating but so was her name. The next day I made sure to find out who exactly she was and I made sure that she didn't see me the entire day. Why would I do this ? Well because I didn't want her to know I was looking into her. For the entire weekend she was all that was on my mind . On Monday she wasn't at school and this worried. For what reason ? Valentines had finally come. That day I woke up earlier than usual so I could prepare for what just might be the best day of my entire life. I started the day off with a light jog , a few exercises , a shower and some breakfast, after this I went to put on my best outfit so I could impress her and when we got to school she was impressed and I was completely lost in her beauty. I was wearing a black tuxedo and she was wearing a bright red beautiful dress and red high heels and she had her hair did. I walked to her class and all eyes were in us. We looked stunning, it was a pure coincidence but we looked together. I spent most of the with Celeste and two days later we started dating.

Celeste made me happier than I had ever been but after a month of dating my mom found out and she confronted me , I guess she didn't like the fact that I was dating cause the next day Celeste broke up with me and to me it was completely put of the blue and at the time I didn't even ask her why she broke up with me I jut accepted it and moved on with my life but I never stopped thinking about her.

The following week I was sitting alone with my thoughts. Just as I was headed back to the dark cell Celeste had found me in i met her...