The Return

A/N: The story's been getting boring lately, hope this chapter makes it interesting and explains whats going on a little more. I hope you guys are still reading since I haven't been updating to a schedule or anything. Maybe you'll get a chapter every Monday? Instead of me uploading every other day then skip for month. If you're reading this I love you, okay let me start with the story :)

Leria's POV:

Flounder was long down the hall when I saw him stop in front of the secret service agents. They could kill him for knowing so much, or throw him in jail for lying earlier. However, they couldn't punish me. I swam down the hall, "Mr. Eel retired." I stated. They all just stared at me. "When?", that young agent from the back stepped up again. Here goes nothing.

I told them almost everything. I told them about the day Ms. Ru came in, a year ago. I told them all about my birthday and dryland on Denmark but again it became hazy when I talked about last night. They didn't interuppt me and I felt the story went much faster with them than with Flounder. They just stood there and took notes with ocassional nods. I could see they wanted to interupt everytime I said 'Ms.Ru' but they let me continue.

I finally finished the story with the part where I met with them in the hallway. "Ru", an agent said. "Mhm", another angent mumbled. "Yes Ru, is that important?", I asked. 

They all looked at pokerface who looked bored as ever, "What was Ms.Ru's first name?" he asked as if he was asking my favourite ice cream flavor or something. 

I just looked at them,"Uhm Ales". Every eye in the room was on me and even one of Mr.Pokerface's eyebrows raised. I should really learn his name. "Impossible. She was..." , an agent started. "Shhh", pokerface gave the agent a stern look, "Princess, we'll ask you to leave now."

In shook, I practically screamed at pokerface, "What?! But I told you everything"

A secret service agent restrained me, "After you lied. I'm sorry princess, but its best you go to your room. Now."

The old me would've probably ran to daddy or found a sneaky way to find out what was going on but someone had to stop this circle of secrets going around the Kingdom. I'm apart of the royal family and I learn most things from civilians like Flounder.

"Who is she? Who is she really? Do I not have a right to know who I've spent that last year of my life with?” I asked. Now every eye was on Pokerface, waiting for his response. "Ru back words is Ur, all urchins start their names with Ur so undercover they end their names with Ru. The Ru family are Urchins, evil creatures who practice dark magic", he paused to look at Flounder, "yes, Ms. Ru was a participant of dark magic. That explains why you never felt worried around her, dark magic can put you in trances where you open up and trust the person who has used magic on you. It might also explain why last night was hazy. Most of them are harmless, can barely do any damage..."

"What about Ms. Ru? Was she harmless?” I heard Flounder asked but my eyes were fixed on Pokerface. I still couldn’t get myself to believe Dark Magic was real. 

"Many urchins were killed, in the war against dark and white magic. Except for the harmless ones who ran away... and the queen. She was not only the queen of the urchins but the queen of dark magic like your father is the King of white magic and mer-folk", Pokerface continues to explain," The queens name was Ursela... Ales Ru."

My breathe hitched in my throat. All this time I've been being taught by a Urchin, queen of the Urchins and dark magic. 

"And the alarms?” I asked, "What were they?"

They all looked around again; could no one give me a straight answer? "Princess, sometimes dark magic requires ingredients for potions which were stolen yesterday", Pokerface said gently.