Chapter 8

(I almost cried writing this bro 😭😭)

"Killer couple?" He asked before continuing, "What do you mean by that, baby?" I look at him and roll my eyes. He should know what it means but he can be pretty oblivious sometimes. "We can kill together. And we're a couple.. Killer. Couple." I explain to him, slowly so it can marinate in his brain. He looks as if he gets what I was trying to say and he shrugs.

"I don't know. Killing isn't as cool as it seems, (y/n)." he says, keeping his arms at my waist. I shake my head, "No! When I killed that person, I felt great!" I say, grabbing his wrists and shaking him a little bit.

C'mon, He killed his dad and says killing isn't as cool as it seems? "How loud did they scream?" He asked, calming me down by just a tad bit. I look at him straight in the eyes and grinned, evilly.

"Their screams were deafening. I've never heard anything louder." He laughed and hugged me tighter.

Next thing I know, we were planning wayyy more murders than we should've. It went from 3 to at least 58 people. It was a long process. One of the murders we were going to use hairspray and my dad's old lighter he used before he died to engulf a tree in flames.

The house would probably burn down with it, killing every living thing inside the house. We were also thinking about putting a little gasoline on it to speed up the process.

It's going to be a lot of work not getting caught but I think by the time they catch us, there'll be more deaths than witnesses. And THAT is something I'm looking forward to.

"You know we can't tell anyone, right?" Junior asks, more serious than a teacher, who's been teaching for over 30 years, reacting to a bad sub note. I look at him and put my hand on the side of his face and kiss him.

"Of course, I know. You know how long we'd be in juvie and/or prison for?" I laugh, sarcastically. I close the notebook we plan the murders in and give it to my boyfriend. "Keep it safe. And keep it hidden. Buy a notebook that looks just like it if that's what you need."

"I have to get home now. Devon's probably gonna ca-" I was interrupted by my phone ringing. I pull it out ny pocket and gaze at it. "Just a sec" I kiss Junior's forehead before stepping outside.

"(y/n)! Thank god you picked up! I've been worried sick! Where are you? Are you hurt? Do Jake and I need to come get you? Why is your location off?" I heard as soon as I put the phone up to my ear. I fake it to make my voice sound breaky and depressed.

I sniff before starting, "No. You guys don't need to come get me. I'm fine. I just wanted one of Junior's hoodies to remember him by.. y'know?.." I said sniffling once more. God I hope this sounds convincing.

"Yeah.. no of course. I just wanted to check up on you.. Stay safe and come home soon, alright?" he says before telling him I was already on my way.

I walk back into my, somehow alive, boyfriend's room, silence flooding it. I tell him I'm going to take one of his hoodies so the story I told Devon would be believable.

I slip in the hoodie on before giving him a sweet kiss. I leave and head back home.

(Devon's POV)

I hurry to the front door as (y/n) finally returns home. I engulf (y/n) in a warm embrace. Shockingly, she returns the hug. "I have good news and bad news," I state as I pull away from the embrace.

(y/n) tilts her head in confusion. "Which do you want first?" I asks, taking a few steps back.

"Bad news. So the good news will lighten the mood." she explains as she starts to look more sad and worried at the same time.

I sigh before speaking up, "We have to go to foster care. We may or may not be together.." I look down at my feet as I hear the sniff from (y/n). I look up for a quick second and see the tears flowing down her cheeks.

"No, no." I hug her tightly. "Please don't cry."
"I'm so sorry I haven't been a good brother, and finding this out, knowing I won't see you again, hurts me too." I feel the tears stain my cheeks and the tears of (y/n) staining my shirt.

She doesn't say anything, she just hugs me tighter. "I don't want to leave you. Are we at least staying in Hackensack?" Her voice breaking, intensely.

When I told her I didn't know and that it's not likely we will, she cried harder. First, she lost Junior. Now, she might lose the only family she has left. "The good news is, we get to stay with Aunty for a week or two" I say rubbing her back trying to comfort her.

She just sniffs and pulls away. "I'm going to bed." She goes upstairs and slams the door. I feel bad but I didn't want to wait until the day Aunty picks us up.

I guess I'll go to bed too. We still need to pack.