Nightmare

"So uh- What have you been up to while I was gone?" Paul made himself ask. He didn't feel like making small talk even the slighest, but otherwise he would most likely end up crying or yelling. He was doing his best not to focus on the fact that Yoko was still sitting right there between John and him. Quite funny, she was between them physically, but methaphorically too.

"We composed some new stuff, kept practing the old pieces too," Ringo explained, sending Paul a sympathetic, but pityful smile. Paul knew he meant well, but the last thing he wanted was to be pitied.

"Experimented with clothes a little too, but decided it's not really our thing. I started to draw though, I'm not that bad after all," George added and all of the sudden John cleared his throat loudly.

"What?" Ringo asked, bitterly.

"Me? Oh, just had something down me throat. It's fine," John cleared his throat one more time, gazing in Paul's direction again. He looked a little upset for some reason, a faint glint of sadness in his eyes.

"We went to this marvelous art exhibition yesterday..."

Paul flinched as he heard that disgusting voice again.

"Right. We did, yeah," John chuckled, sounding and looking completely chill all over again. "Some pretentious bloke tried to flirt with Yoko, can you believe that? Almost bit his bloody head off!"

"Would you stop already?! I think he gets it!" George lashed out, no longer managing to maintain his annoyence.

Paul stopped aimlessly staring at his plate and closed his eyes, attempting not to fire back himself. He tasted blood as he bit his lip and a helpless anger simmered in him. He couldn't stay in that room any longer. When he opened his eyes what he saw was John sucking on Yoko's lips passionately.

George's voice shook with anger, "Fucking madness!"

Paul pushed his chair away from the table and stood up rapidly. Neither, John or Yoko, seemed bothered by that fact. He felt another stab of fury and so he used his elbow to knock over the teapot that stood right next to Yoko. The hot liquid spilled all over the woman, causing her to push John away immediately with a loud shriek. With at least a tad bit of satisfation Paul turned around and nearly ran out of there.

He heard John's loud curses behind his back, Yoko's weeps and something that pretty much sounded like George laughing. Large tears brimmed in his eyes as he made his way down the corridors.

When he got outside he looked around and a sob rose in his throat. He could feel his knees weakening, so he sat down on the neatly-cut grass.

So that was it? John would just pretend like all of their history together had never happened? If he was doing only that... but no, he just had to bring some bitch along to hurt Paul even further. The sound of her name kept sending a shiver down his spine...Seriously, what did John see in her? What could she possibly give to him that Paul couldn't?

Suddenly he stopped crying and his thoughts stopped racing. An ache pushed against his heart as he remembered something. Yoko... That was the name John had mentioned when he admited that he had cheated on Paul in 1966. He forgot her name earlier, because it was unusual, but now he could recall it perfectly.

John had cheated on him, apologized and promised that it would never happen again, but then Paul had gone for three months and he was dating that same bird all over again.

"I know this is all nightmare... We're so sorry, Paul."

Paul looked over his shoulder to see George standing over him. He wanted to reply, but he was only able to cry a low moan. The lad sat down next to his sobbing mate and sent him a condoling look.