I Want to Come Home

33 references to find! I spared you all the rare tracks this time since Paul has almost as many rare tracks as he does his main ones! If I included them, we would be here all day. Peace and love!

Paul's POV

Oh boy...

I hate seeing Y/N in so much pain.

This is probably obvious by now, but I've taken a bit of a shine to her. I want to help her, if I could just...no.

No, I can't do that. She specifically told us to not go near the time machine, and most importantly, to not travel through it. I mean, you saw how much pain John was in when he returned. You don't want to see beyond the realms of time...do you?

But I have faith. Faith in finding a cure. Faith in ending Y/N's stress and frustration. Faith in making things right again.

She's asleep now. She stirred a bit, but for once, I saw a sense of peace in her. I ever so gently run my fingertips along her jawline, whispering one last sentence to her:

"I'm endlessly sorry for what I'm about to do."

I place the softest kiss on her forehead, walking on my tiptoes into the time machine. I scribble a note for her to find tomorrow morning:

Y/N,

I've rebelled against your warning to keep away from the time machine.
I'm so, so sorry, my love. I just want to help. Maybe I will. Maybe I won't. But if I don't, promise me you won't lose my trust. If you don't already know, I love you, and once I return, I don't want you to leave me...

I'm only trying to aid you.

Paul

Despite repeated warnings, I pushed the forsaken button, fearful of whatever lies ahead.

I had a deep, deep feeling of stress and regret, but I must push it all back to focus on whatever mission I could accomplish from this.

When the machine stopped rumbling, I stepped outside greeted by...umm...

I could see the world tonight, but it was almost indescribable...

Well, I'll try:

I'm on Penny Lane. There is a mull, titled the Mull of Kintyre. There is junk everywhere. Some motorcars, handlebars, and bicycles for two...an odd scattering of items.

As I look around, I notice that the time machine is gone. I mildly panic. Now what am I supposed to do?!

As I pace the ground below me, nightfall encases the daylight. I can only faintly see the silhouette of a blackbird atop of a rustling tree branch. She sings a soft song, almost luring me into deep golden slumbers.

Yet as soon as she locks eyes with me, she flies away in fear. The loneliness returned...but I found another friend.

Beside me rested a single pigeon. She looked at me with a touch of sadness in her eyes.