Chapter 6: The moonlight gathering

We walked through our territory. "What is this?" I asked Bramblestone. "Oh this is other part of our. Behind us over there is the horseplace and over that way is the gorge. When we go on border patrols you will need to be careful." Bramblestone explained. "Okay Bramblestone. May I ask you something?" I asked. "Of course, you can ask me anything." Bramblestone said. "Who are your parents?" I asked. "My parents are Snakeheart and Ashtail." Bramblestone said. "Ashtail the murderer?" I asked. "He's not all kill, he is just misunderstood that's all. He is not a murderer well he try to kill his mother but he didn't and he had a change of heart." Bramblestone explained. "Is that the moonlight island?" I asked pointing. "Why yes that is." Bramblestone said. "Here we are. The moonlight island. Let's head inside." Mom said as walked onto the moonlight island. Shortly after we arrived Dovetail and her rangers arrived onto the moonlight island. Her son was a wirey white tom walked over to us. "H-hi." He said. "Hi, I'm Midnight and you?" I asked. "I-I'm Swan, the son of the Oak colony captain." Swan said. Dovetail jumped up onto the tree next to my mother Reedfur. "My mother and father are the captain and second in command of Field colony." I said. "C-cool, my father is a ranger unlike your father." Swan said. Soon the strong Stormtail and his rangers walked onto the moonlight island and jumped up onto the tree next to my mother and Dovetail. My sister glared at me for talking to a tom from Oak colony. Swan and I looked at Poppy and she looked away and began to talk to her friends. "Oh hi Dovetail and Stormtail." Mom said. "Hi Reedfur." Dovetail and Stormtail said in unison. Then the graceful Moonriver and her rangers arrived onto the moonlight island and jumped up onto the tree next to my mother, Dovetail, and Stormtail. "Hi Reedfur." Moonriver said. "Oh hi Moonriver." Mom said. "Should we start the gathering Reedfur?" Stormtail asked. "Yes, let the the gathering begin." Mom announced. "I Moonriver captain of River colony bring good news to this gathering. Troutstorm and Hazeltail have completed there training to become loyal rangers to the Riverlands." Moonriver announced. "Troutstorm, Hazeltail." The colonies cheered. "Field colony has brought with us to the gathering six new claws to their gathering, Midnight, Fern, Dark, Soot, Fawn, and Gray." Mom announced. "Midnight, Fern, Dark, Soot, Fawn, Gray." The colonies cheered. "Marsh colony has good news and bad news. Let's start with the good. We have two new claws Lava and his sister Red. For the bad we recently lost our last second in command which was my brother Badgerfang so I appointed Lakejaw  my other brother." Stormtail announced. "Oak colony has four new claws here at the gathering tonight my son Swan, Apple, Sky, and Jay." Dovetail announced. "And with that the gathering is over." Mom announced as she jumped down the tree. "Come Field colony move out towards our base." Mom announced as we walked off of the moonlight island and towards our base. "Um... Bramblestone." I said. "Yes Midnight?" Bramblestone asked. "Tomorrow during my training session could we research crystals?" I asked. "What kinds of crystals are you thinking of?" Bramblestone asked. "Something like of like the moon crystal connecting us to the spirits beyond." I said. "Yeah we can do that I don't see a problem with that." Bramblestone said as we arrived back to the camp.