Chapter 9

Victoria Pov

I was sitting by Yoichi who was eating the hospital food. He got better and his injury is having quickly. Must be his demon. I took a sip from my juice and look at the empty bed. Mitsuba has already gotten better and is already going back to work. The doctors advise her to take it easy until her body heals. She did listen to the doctor but duty calls. The doctor speculates that Yoichi will be here for a couple of days but if his demon keeps healing him then it takes two. I look towards and Yoichi who was munching on the oatmeal that was given to him. He must have been extremely hungry since he ate sloppily. I giggle when a few specks of oatmeal were on his cheek. He looks towards me and I point to his cheek. His hand reaches towards his cheek and he immediately blush in embarrassment. I laugh a bit and hand him my napkin which he says "thank you" and wipes his cheek.

"So how everyone" He looks towards me setting down his napkin on the tray. I put my juice down rubbed the back of my neck. "Well right now we're on edge. Since the attack has become more recent more soldiers are being put out but something happen." I bit the inside of my cheek and frown at the news I heard. How could the vampire just stop attacking after days of attacking us? It's insane to think about. "The vampire stop attacking us recently so the higher up are getting-" I stop and hear a giggle from Yoichi. I stare in confusion getting cut off guard. 'Why is he laughing?' I thought kind of feeling embarrassed. 'Did I talk too fast and he didn't hear what I said' I scratch the back of my head which makes him chuckle.

"I'm not talking about what going on with the vampire. I'm talking about what going on with our team" he laughs at my shock. My face must look like a today right now. 'How could I misunderstand what he said' I grab my cheek and tried to hide my blush. 'Now I get why people say I always miss the mark' I thought. I look towards Yoichi who was still chucking which make me more embarrassed. I breathe out and after a few seconds of laughing he stop waiting for my response.

"Well, Shinoa is still working but is tired these days. Mitsuba who you know started working today. Kimizuki has been checking on his sister and you constantly. And Yuu. . .we stop getting reports on Yuu. Shinoa has tried getting information on Yuu by Guren shutting her down. He won't say why though. I can only assume it is the incident that happens during the battle" I look up and see Yoichi frown at the news. I click my tongue. I wish I could tell more good news but that is it. He should at least be happy that his friend is alright.

Knock

I look towards the door. I hop off the chair and walk to the door and grab the handle. I open it to be a tired Mitsuba and Shinoa. I see Kimizuki in the back holding some food that I can only assume to be for Yoichi.

"Hey, you two" Mitsuba said coming into the room and giving me and Yoichi a hug. She let us go and give her a big smile. "We're doing good" Yoichi responded. Kimizuki comes into the room with his homemade cooking but notices a tray of food on his lap and frowns. "Don't worry Kimizuki. I'll eat your food later." Yoichi said to Kimizuki who smiles immediately after hearing his words. Shinoa comes from behind and nudges Kimizuki's shoulder who immediately blush and looks away. We all chuckle at Kimizuki's reaction and Yoichi blush but gives a small smile. Shinoa brings in more chairs so everyone can sit down. I show them another drawing that they commented on. I smile but Shinoa gasps at how I draw her.

"Why am I so close to the ground" Shina puff out her cheeks which we laugh. It was nice talking like we use to since now it seems were scattered everywhere.

Knock

I turn my head towards the door in confusion. I look at the others who were all confused since they didn't expect anyone. "It can't be Guren since the busy" Shinoa turns to Mitsuba who stares at the door. Shinoa looks at the door suspiciously and another knock can be heard. It can't be the doctor since they check up on Yoichi thirty minutes ago. They're too busy to check up on Yoichi again. Could it be one Guren squad? No, since they never met Yoichi. And if they were informing Mitsuba or Shinoa they would send someone and would give their position after knocking on the door.

The door open since no one had the ball to open without Shinoa giving them the clear. Shinoa, Mitsuba, and Kimizuki immediately stand up. I stay sitting on my chair getting nervous but scared. I see a hand that was the first thing I saw from this person.

Wait!

I gasp at the person that in front of me.

"Hey guys"