Maandag 8:30 (January 13th 2020)

Lucas took a deep breath before opening the door to his class. Unfortunately, Kes was not in the same class as him, since it was an extra course of filmstudies Lucas was taking, meaning that he would have to enter the room by himself.

The class quieted down a bit when he went in, and the teacher turned her attention towards Luc. "Lucas, great you cared to join us, you can fittingly group up with him," The teacher said, and pointed somewhere in the classroom. His eyes met Jayden's and he let out a sigh of relief, but then noticed Jayden pointing at another table. It was the new guy, Jens. He was sitting alone at the table, probably because people had already grouped up in the last lecture. Lucas had actually also done that, but that didn't seem to matter. His eyes met Jens' who lifted his eyebrows in a teasing - yet confident manner. He awkwardly took a seat next to the boy, placing his bag next to his chair. The teacher gained the class' attention again; "Uhm, he can fill you in on the details of the assignment - you can all get started!" It seemed like she didn't remember, or maybe she didn't even know his name.

Lucas turned to Jens, who to his surprise, was already staring at him, looking like he was analysing and evaluating his every move.

"I'm Lucas, " he awkwardly introduced himself. Before Jens got the chance to answer, Lucas felt the tap of Jayden's finger. "Who this?" Jayden asked lazily. "Uh, this is Jens," Lucas answered, confused and distracted. Jayden seemed satisfied with the answer, and returned to his seat. "You know my name?" Jens asked suspiciously. "Uh, yeah, the teacher said it," Lucas lied. He hoped Jens hadn't noticed that the teacher hadn't said his name. It didn't awake a response in Jens. "We've got romance and Italy," Jens said and opened his computer. Lucas caught himself staring at the boy's face. "What?" he asked, and immediately regretted his dumb-sounding tone. "The assignment; We've been given Italy, and now we have to find a movie that shows italian culture, while also being a romance,". Lucas couldn't focus on anything other than the boy's moving lips. "And since I've already decided on a movie in my head, we're going to choose that one,"

Lucas shook his head to get out of his trance; "And what movie did we choose?".

"Call me by your name, the most italian movie i know - american playing a frenchman in italy - there's got to be some symbolism in that." Lucas pulled out his own computer. "Don't know that one..." Lucas said without even anticipating the reaction of Jens turning his whole body towards him with big eyes. "You don't know 'Call me by your name'?" Jens asked surprised. Lucas shook his head, but didn't turn towards Jens. He felt stiff in his place, he didn't even dare look into Jens' eyes again. "Ok then, we'll read about italian culture, then we can watch the movie some other time,". Lucas glanced over at Jens and gave him a half-smile, but was overwhelmed by his cheeks burning red and his stomach aching all of a sudden.