Chapter XIII: Later

"This quote is deep.
It's a deep quote.
Look at its meaningfulness
and weep."

...............

Seraphina's POV

My legs were pacing back and forth along the small, square room. Each time, only turning a split second before reaching the both blandly-painted and decorated walls.

It had been like this for a couple of minutes—giving one or two words answers as I paced back and forth.

"Yes. I'll be back soon," I said.

Wall reached.

Turn around.

I continued, "No, I was not kidnapped and drugged . . . again," I slowly mumbled toward the speaker of my phone, turning it away from William's ears.

Wall reached.

Turn around.

William caught grasp of what I had just said. "Again?" he whispered-somewhat sceptically from beside my repetitively-walking self.

He heard.

My sagging shoulders shrugged as I continued to pace, taking only a second to glance at his hunched over figure.

My voice continued into the phone, answering any future questions they may have. "I'm at a mental institution somewhere- well, in Cambridge," I stated, second guessing myself almost immediately after.

I hastily dragged my phone from beside me and onto my shoulder, this time stopping my pacing and turning to look at William once more.

"Cambridge?" I asked him.

He faintly nodded in confirmation, "Yup."

"Cambridge?!" Remi yelled, worriedly—obviously quite loud as I could hear it from my shoulder.

My phone was quickly placed back onto my ear, willing to hear all they had to say about my sudden disappearance.

"How in the fick fack fuckery did you get into a mental institution? In Cambridge nonetheless?" I heard Arlo asking through the phone-probably both sighing AND folding his arms.

(Arlo used: Disappointed parent combo)

So glad I moved the phone back. I really needed to hear that.

...

Note the sarcasm.

(It was inaffective)

"Well, I ran," I replied to Remi's question, simply, ignoring the insanity behind it.

"How I got to the mental institution?" I half-asked myself. "Not really sure about that. I kinda' just ended up there," I said to answer Arlo's question, keeping the monotone voice that I've had throughout the entire phone call.

"You ran to Cambridge?!" Remi near yelled, "But that would take like..."

I flopped down to the bed, beside a now completely quiet William, bed sipping with my weight, "Yeah, yeah. A while, I know," I cooly replied to her deafening voice.

William tilted his head as a sudden silence washed over the phone. Not a peep passing through either side.

"Um..." Remi began, her voice turned quiet-sounding quite shaken. "I-it does take a while, yeah," she finally stated over the phone.

My left arm-holding nothing—carefully stretched it's way to above of my head, "Do you know how I should get back? I know no one here (apart from William) and don't have any money for a bus."