• 4

Y/n's p.o.v

I ran up the stairs following Mirabel, and the rats that held parts to the vision. I stopped beside her as she touched a painting. She pushed it to the side, A giant hole in the wall behind it. I climbed in behind her as the painting closed. I watched cracks grow up the wall. I jumped back seeing a rat being picked up, lightning lighting up the figure as Mirabel's Tío Bruno. He disappeared as I pushed past Mirabel running after him.

"Hey!" She shouted. I followed Bruno and did everything the way he did. I slowly began to catch up to him trying to grab his poncho as I slipped down some steps. I quickly stood up going back to running as Mirabel crashed out from under the steps.

I heard Camilos voice as I slowed down. I shook my head and kept running, Mirabel running into the wall I heard Camilo's voice.

"Stop!" I shouted, Both Mirabel and I breathing heavily. Bruno got out of reach when he jumped over a large pit. I jumped over it and turned around waiting for Mirabel as she mad it over but the floor broke underneath her.

She fell holding onto some wood as I grabbed her hand. She began to become too heavy as I slipped now I was the one holding the wood and her. I struggled as I felt my hand slip and someone else grab it. "You're very sweaty.." Mirabel's Tío Bruno said gasping for air.

The floor broke under him as I grabbed a root, Mirabel grabbing her Tío.

A mouse came out from his sleeve as she screamed dropping him in the pit, I gently kicked her in the back as he stood up, shooing away the fog revealing it wasn't all that deep. I dropped her down pulling myself up then helping her and her Tío up.

He stared at us and walked off "Bye" He said awkwardly.

"What- No wait! Hang on! Wait! Wait!" Mirabel said following him. "Why did you take the vision!" She asked. He knocked against the wood singing a tune.

"Knock, Knock, Knock, Knock, Knock, Knock on wood" He crossed his fingers, holding his breath and walking quickly. I tuned out Mirabel's questions as Bruno did the same tune while knock on the wood.

"You two were never supposed to see that vision. No one was" He stated. "A little salt" He said quietly throwing salt as us- Well mainly at Mirabel. "Sugar?" He asked throwing it behind him again. He stepped on the wood where no cracks stood as I watched him. Mirabel's focus on the wall.

"Wait.. have you been in here? Patching the cracks?" She asked.

"Oh that? No, no, no, no. I too scared to go near those things. All the patching is done by Hernando" He stated.

"Who is-"

"I am Hernando! And I'm scared of nothing!" He said in a somewhat deep voice and his hood up. I laughed a bit at her tío.

"It's actually me.." he laughed pulling his hood down. "I said my real gift was.. acting!" Bruno said as I clapped my hands quietly.

"I think you're a great actor!"

He put a bucked on his head as I grinned. "I'm Jorge, I make the spackle." He said in a silly voice.

"How long have you been.. back here?" Mirabel asked tensely.

I stayed behind a bit letting Mirabel and Bruno talk. I sat on the floor holding one of the rats as it cuddled into my hands. I smiled and put it up on my shoulder as it ran around my poncho and sat in my curls.