8.Bones eater's well 2

Arc 2 Paths are bound

The surrounding was way too dark for the small blue flame to light up. Shi Shuan snapped his fingers and a ferocious red flame brightened at the tip of his fingers. He never neglected his practise and without fail trained before sleeping in the shrine. When his eyes were to tired to keep open he went back to replay the memory of setting the murderer's hand on fire and recalled the sensation of this power flowing through his fingers. He no longer felt sleepy. So after a couple of nights practised he could freely call upon the fire. He tried to shape or make it follow the track but the fire had quite a temper which grew with it's size  and didn't submit easily.

'How is he like ?' Shi Shuan asked to break the silence, 'Do you know of any weakness bones-eater has ? Like sore spots or fears.'

'Sore spots ? I don't think so. If I knew any I would have chased him outta here long ago. I only know that he doesn't leave during the day.'

'Many thanks. That's still better than nothing.'

Shi Shuan came to a sudden realisation , 'You said, the only way to leave is through the well. How does he leave then ?'

'He climbs up the well of course.' His companion answered casually.

Shi Shuan stopped.

'Wasn't it said to be impossible ? And that I shouldn't try.' He said annoyed.

'Yes. You can consider it again after getting a couple more hands.'

Shi Shuan wondered what was that supposed to mean but didn't pry further.

'By the way why didn't you leave to find another well ? I'm pretty sure there are a few more around.'

'What a stupid question.' The ghost replied irritated, 'Without my well I will die just like you without water. You think I'd willingly stay here with that dumb piece of meat ?!'

The flame paused abruptly, 'We're close. Can you hear ?'

Crunch,crunch,crunch... The loud crackle filled the cave. The sound of bones being shattered caused his scalp to go numb. They snapped so easily and quickly, like a meaningless pice of wood and not ones only proof of existence.

Shi Shuan tip-toed closer, but still couldn't see clearly. Blackness everywhere around blocked his view of this thing outline. But... was anything in here ?

Drip, drip...

A low whir.

The thing he was searching for was right in front of him. He felt his hair rise. He didn't dare to even breath.

The Flame flew in circle around the 'thing' showing something like minced meat, devoid of eyes, ears and hair. Only nose was continuously sniffing at the air. 

Shi Shuan almost vomited at the metallic smell blown out of the thing's muzzle.

Shi Shuan tried to back off without making a single sound.

CRACK !

A bone snapped under his boot's pressure. A sudden noise echoed from every wall.

Shi Shuan froze stiff and whipped his head to monitor the creature.

It didn't move. Then suddenly from minced torso shoot out a dozen of human-like hands, but clawed and longer. They viciously charged at Shi Shuan. He evaded rolling on the ground, bones cracking loudly under his back. 

'QUIET !' Shouted the well's ghost, 'It can't see ! You have only-'

In a flash hands pulled back and whipped at the Flame. It happened too fast for onyone to react. Well's ghost was thrown onto the wall leaving a clear imprint on the surface. He groaned thrown off balance.