2

27 of January

Kate Morton

Well, I remember the day of the funeral when Lando and his family suddenly appeared.
We were invited to spend my birthday there. Well, now I'm forced to pack my suitcase because I'm flying to Belgium with my mother in the afternoon. Yes, no matter how weird Adam Norris is not hosting us in Britt's home country, I'd rather travel across Europe to spend 4 days with them.

Mom seemed to have rested and was content to be dragged into such a journey. But I ask, is that normal?
I packed my favorite clothes in the suitcase and also a black fitting dress that I plan to wear on my birthday.
My birthday has been the most anticipated event of the year since I was a kid. I loved that day. Then I am the king of the sun, I am the most beautiful girl in the house and no one could take that from me. While Dad was alive, we went GOKART together, but that hadn't happened in 2 years. Why?

Because of Dad's illness. But now in 2021 I am turning 21 years old.
And the biggest question is still in me this year. What can I do for a living? The university does not attract me and I never thought it can be my world

My thinking was disturbed by my mother

-Have you packed my dear Kate? --shouted from the living room downstairs

-Yes,-- she just asking because I was already trying to close my suitcase.

Well, there's one more thing You need to know about me. I love clothes and I always carry a lot of clothes with me everywhere.

-Mom, is it really a good idea to go to Belgium?

-Yes darling, the two families need to warm up again. This meeting won't hurt you either ...

-But, it's only going to hurt, --I said to myself

Well, my hatred hasn't diminished...

****

At the airport, Flo and Cisca (Lando's mother) were waiting for us. Well it's okay if I'm not surprised, I thought to myself when Cisca walked over to us and hugged us. Warmth and happiness flowed from the woman, but it all only took a few seconds.

We got in the huge car and I tried to restrain myself, but Flo approached me so kindly that I couldn't bear not to smile. It won't be a problem now if I'll be fine with the girls. I don't have to like Lando yet. Well, yes, I started to let go and calm down. That means I started talking. my mom sat in front of me and while Cisca was driving and when she heard me speak ,she looked back at me and then smiled.

Flo and I talked along the way and since she was born when I was 4 so we had no childhood topics.

-Kate, can I ask you something? ,-- Flo asked me the question

-Well, I guess I have no choice, --I answered her and then smiled.

-Why don't you like my brother? --She looked at me with the most sincere eyes

-I guess ..--It's not going to be good that way, --I thought to myself ...So when we were little we really liked each other. We grew up together and then everything changed. So don't bother, but it won't work for me. I am like that and that's it.

Maybe when I say Flo looked at me understandingly, you think I'm lying. And it really was. 

Flo Norris hugged me and she said,: Okay, okay. But can we be friends?

I smiled and my heart filled with warmth-Why not 

****

We arrived at the Norris estate. Yes, it really was an estate, as Adam has gotten quite rich in the last few years, while we have started to lose a quarter of our wealth.Entering the house, a pleasant smell hit my nose. Well, the younger Cisca was just baking a cupcake. As I took my suitcase from my mother and took off my coat Flo grabbed my arm and tugged inside. All the way to the kitchen. She told everything to her sister and I gladly hugged her too. I have two new girlfriends. Their father also came out of the study and hugged his mother then approached me.

-Kate, darling, I'm glad you joined and came here

.I tried to be nice because well he is our host so I smiled and then answered

-I'm happy too.

To the big noise, Lando also emerged from his room here. Anyway as I found out he doesn't live here anymore, but Cisca condemned the guests, that is, because of us.He ran down the stairs and then greeted my mother, but not me anymore.

****

Dinner was real intimate. As we sat at the table, I had to see Lando and I face each other.

That was missing, I thought to myselfI didn't try to look at her, but her tousled hair and gray hoodie were so eye-catching. He looked at me too. My hair was in a bun and I also had a hoodie on it.

After dinner, the girls showed me my room. By the way, Mom and I weren't in the same room. When we got up in the floor we laughed out loud and as we got into my room from the room next to me a boy poked his head out

-Couldn't it be quieter? --Lando asked

With his prickly gaze on me, I realized the situation and closed my door and leaned on my bed.

Is this guy going to sleep next to me seriously now?

Does Lando think the same thing I do?
But I didn't have to wait long before I heard a shout from the next room.
Then I became aware of something else ...

-No, man, what are you doing? I should have won

I think Lando is playing online, for sure ...

But the shouts got louder and louder and this was accompanied by loud music after a while.
Well, I was forced to go into his room

-Kate, what the hell are you doing here? ,-- Lando turned when I opened the door

-You know I traveled all the way from England to be with your family and want to relax, --I replied

-Well, I'm playing with the boys

-But I want to relax

-But I'm playing now,-- he got up from his chair--. This is my house, I do what I want.

-But I'm a guest, --I slammed the door behind me and left the room.

Lando didn't give up on what I could have guessed so I couldn't rest much...

...