6

March 10

Kate Morton

We were already gathering in the Woking Mclaren team building in the morning to head to the airport. Mom brought me to Woking, but she didn't stay here. She went back to London.

I shyly entered the huge building. I can't hide anymore, but I was looking for Lando everywhere with my eyes. Since I couldn’t find him, I found someone else

-Miss , I am Zack Brown. Welcome here. You're Kate, aren't you?

-Yes, I'm Kate Morton.

I shook hands with him.

-I talked to Adam Norris in late January. I can't believe you're going to spend the whole year with us. It will be quite interesting for sure!

-Yes, that's exactly what I think too

Lando and Daniel arrived at that moment as well. I wouldn't have thought of all this in my dreams. But now it happens.
A big storm of applause greeted the two pilots and Zack gave one last "speech" in which he prepared everyone for this to be a really interesting season. We are now starting to test in Bahrain. I've never been there before ...

After the "speech", Lando approached me ...

-Couldn't you have put on better clothes? And what is this big suitcase?

-What's wrong with me? Don't even bother with me. I'll take care of everything.

It was a little bad that Lando thought I was looking bad. It was such a bad news.

Meanwhile, Daniel came to us

-Norris, dude, you haven't even introduced your girlfriend, --Daniel said

-She is Not my girlfriend! , --Lando said, and I nodded understandingly.

-That's right ! I'm not his
girlfriend,-- I said

-Then I am forced to introduce myself to you. You're beautiful anyway, --he whispered in my ear, but Lando could hear it, who was just rolling his eyes.--
Well, miss, I am Daniel. You must already know me.

-Hi Daniel, I'm Kate Morton. , --I smiled and looked at Lando, who was looking at us with a huge grin--
That's right, I know you. I saw you win in Monaco in 2018. It's been my favorite city ever since. But I haven't told anyone that yet. , --I told him

I continued the conversation with Daniel, but Lando left after a while. I didn’t think I was making such good friends with Daniel. I've always admired him. Everything is so funny and happy.

-And how do you know Lando ? , he asked me

-Well, when we were little, we were very good and then our parents got into a fight. Then we met at my dad’s funeral in December 2020 and were invited to spend my birthday there. Lando and I are not so good. But I got it from Adam Norris that I could travel to the races with Lando. I have to be here

-Now I understand, but you know very well that Lando is not your friend. There are a lot of single drivers in F1.

I laughed to myself because I knew what he was thinking. Of course I didn't object. At least I can upset Lando

****

-We will start taking off,-- the pilot said.

For the first time in my life, I traveled by private plane. I have to say I really liked it. We looked forward to a calm journey

We weren’t many on the plane just Lando, John, Daniel, Zack, Andreas and me.

It was really good to travel among the many men. Everyone listened to me with interest, except Lando, who cut bored jaws at each of my breaths.

The journey was long, but funny. However, since I started to have a good friendship with Danny, I didn't even make eye contact with Lando anymore. How rough are they?

I want to make him jealous. If I have to spend a lot of weekend together this year anyway...

****

We got off. We arrived in Bahrain. Testing starts tomorrow and I’m very excited about it already. I can’t wait to hear the sounds of the engines and see the other pilots as well. I left the airport with Dany. I got in his car. Lando just looked at me and he got in his own car with John too.
It was finally good to be with people who don’t know my past and are funny to me. Danny  was like that. Funny and caring from the first moment.

We arrived at the Hotel and Daniel parked in the lower parking lot. We took out our stuff and hurried to the front desk.

-Where do you want your room? , --Daniel asked?

-Why can I choose? ,-- I asked him excitedly

-Sure, but I thought you wanted to be close to me? Or you don't want to be near the pilots

-Of course I want to be close. We better be on one level

With that, I got room 011 while Daniel obviously got accommodation in room 003. Lando was located in 004.
What happiness it all is. As soon as I got up to my room I fell down on the bed and wrote to my mother an all right.

With that momentum, I even went up to the instagram. I followed Daniel and also looked at Lando's side.

****

March 11

Morning

Kate Morton

Thursday, the guys all went on the field today. I didn’t stick with them because I didn’t really feel like it. I discussed this with Zack and then with Danny about going out to eat together in the afternoon. I didn't want to be in love. I just wanted an adventure to annoy Lando Norris.

So I went to have breakfast and then headed to the hotel's wellness area. Because of the many trips, I needed a massage

Lando when he asked yesterday what these many clothes might be he didn't even think we were coming to Bahrain for 2 full weeks. So I had to brought so many clothes.

****

Afternoon

Danny kept his word and at 14 o'clock I was already sitting in a black mercedes and we were on our way to a restaurant in the city center

-Kate, are you saying we're going for a walk?

-Of course, a little walk will do you good in this beautiful city

I just didn’t expect this boy to be so romantic. By the way, he took my hand and I hugged him. People stumbled at us and then many came over to ask Daniel for a picture. I tried to stay in the "shadow" as much as possible. I don't like prominence.

In the evening I received a new message on my instagram page:

danielricciardo started following you

That's when I realized what I was getting myself into

____________

Hi!

Here's the new part. By the way, imagine we will get a lot more from Daniel for a while. I didn’t want Lando and Kate’s story to always be in everything so that’s what came to mind.

Thank you so much for reading my books.
There will be a lot of excitement coming. Plenty

Have a wonderful day