Chapter9

Chapter 9

The next day at school, I was so quiet that Trina was beginning to take notice. She was looking at me twice in every minute and I could tell that she was so worried. She wanted to confront me but I was showing that I'm not ready to talk to anyone. Even Kathleen, a good friend of mine was turning her head in my direction once in every minute. Louis asked me at recess if I was okay, I just frowned and gave him a shrug. None of our teachers noticed that I looked like a dead girl. Not participating in the discussion, not listening, and not taking any notes.

 I really can't believe why Paige had leukemia. She was a healthy child! And she just got sick sometimes. Not all the time. 

" Chris? Can I talk to you? " Trina's soft voice sounded from my right. I hesitantly shifted from my sit and looked at her. Her face was full of worry and concern. I felt a stab of guilt. Here was my friend, ready to help me and comfort me but I was showing her that I  don't need anybody's help and I dont want to talk.

" Uhh. Yeah. At lunch time I suppose? " I said. Prof. Julienne is still discussing music and she's one of a terrific teacher.

" Sure thaaang. " Trina replied. She looked relieved that I had spoken to her.

I got lost in my thoughts as Prof. Julienne discussed about Music lessons. 

Things, after all, weren't too bad. There's James for me. He's ready to comfort, love, and look after me. He was Paige's brother too. And he was there as a best friend for me who would bond and watch movies with me. He was also my only bandmate. We have planned to form a duo band so we could get in gigs and ake money so we could help Paige.

I'm shy to admit but I have a good flawless voice and James has nice guitar skills. And that would make us a good pair in the music world. 

The bell had rang and Trina was already on her feet. I stood my from my desk and fixed my school stuffs and stuffed it in my knapsack. When I was done, I muttered a " Let's go" to Trina and we were out of our classroom. 

We're headed to the Cafeteria when we met James in the English Hall.

His sight made me breathless and that made me sway in place. Trina hid a smile in her lips and then she began to pretend that she was busy with her Geometry book.

" Chris! Are you going to the Cafe?" James asked.

" Hi brotha. Yeah we are going there. to eat lunch. " I responded enthusiastically.

" Can I come with you? If that's okay with Trina? " James asked politely as he smiled at Trina.

" Yeah sure. " Trina said. 

" Well let's go! I'm very hungry now! " I exclaimed and groaned when James ruffled my hair.

He just smirked at me and offered to carry my bag all the way to the Cafeteria. I agreed and myself, hid a giggle.

" So.. I went to Kweezy Bar at recess and asked if we could have a gig there. " James started.

I gaped my mouth at him. I was surprised that he would take it so quickly and seriously. But I was happy too.

" What? " I asked stupidly.

" Gig? What're you guys talking about? " Trina asked quizzically.

" Uhh. Our sister Paige had Leukemia and we need to earn money so we could help her in the finances. " I admitted. My heart squeezed and trina's face darkened.

" What?! She's a healthy kid! " Trina insisted. She looked sad. Of course she is, she loves Paige so much!

" Yeah. That's why Chrisle and I decided to form a duo band. " JAmes continued.

" That's good. I can be the manager. " Trina said smiling a little.

" Good idea huh! " I said.

" Okay back to where I was talking about Kweezy Bar, Lefton, the owner of the bar agreed. " James said and his lonesome face broke into a huge grin.

" REALLY?!?" I yelled.

" Yes. " He mouthed.

" Ohmygosh! WOOOHOOO! You're greaaaaaattt! I love you so muchhh! ' I shouted and jumped on James and engulfed him in a hug. He hugged me back. I felt good that he was not being awkward with me in public. That means he's proud of me! He is proud of his little sister.

" Yeaahh. I love you too sisterr! " He said in a gay voice. when we pulled away his face was tomato red but he was grinning from ear to ear.

I cracked up and began to tease him he was gay. Both of us ignored the whooping noises from our school mates. Trina was silent but she was smiling.

" James and Chrisle looked sweet together!"

" Are they together?"

" NO. They're siblngs. "

" Oh. That's a shame. They looked perfect together."

Those were the things being said to us as we walked after James and I hugged. Trina must looked out of place but she looked fit in with James and I.

" They are cazy. " James muttered when he heard Aiia said some things about him and me.

" Forget them James. They are just jealous  of us. " I told him and he looked okay again.

" SO our first gig there is on Saturday. 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm. We have to practiced and make it perfect sister. We need money. " James said. His face was bright. 

" Sure! SO what songs we will be covering.? " I asked hopefully.

" You could cover some of Paramore. Make it acoustic. " Trina suggested.

James and I looked at her and then we patted her on the back.

" That was a good idea Trina!! YOu are so ready to be our manager. " James sing songed.

" REally? Thanks! " Trina said.

" No problemmo. " James said. 

When we arrived to the Cafeteria, we immediately found a vacant bench with a round table at the far end. We walked towards it then settled.

" We should leave our bags here and then we order our food. " Trina said.

" Yeah. Let's go." James said.

We stood from our sits and proceeded to line. It was long but we were patient enough to wait for our turn. 

" Chris.. we should cover Taylor and tATu songs. " James said from my back. I heard Trina giggle. I turned to give her a glare but what I saw made me giggle too.

Cerge, a smart kid, was gazing at her like a lover. He was courting Trina. Both of them looked cute together. I let them do their business and talked with my brother who was my lover too.

" yeaahh. that's cool. " I muttered under my breath.

When it was my turn I picked up doritos, bacon sandwich and grape soda. James did the same. While Trina got a cheeseburger and an iced tea. When we went back to our seats, we began to eat our lunch.