I have fallen for my Math whiz brother

Chapter 1---- I care for my arrogant, rude, brother.

I stared blankly at the ceiling while warm wet tears rolled down my face. No one died, no one was in danger, but why the hell am I crying? It was because of what my brother, James, had said to me yesterday when he saw my math test paper with a big fat C stamped on the left hand corner. He called me a " dumb loser". I admit, I'm not really a Math whiz like him. I'm more like a math loser, like he said. But still, his words stung on me. I hated myself for not getting those brains like James had. James was the top honor student while me, well, I'm just Chrisle, the loser.

" Chrisle! Breakfast is ready! Come down now! You and James will gonna be late for shool.! " Mom hollered from downstairs. She was a busy, hardworking housewife but she's caring. And for that, I don't hate her. I just disliked her for showing favoritism at my brother James and my little sister, Paige who was 3 years old.

" Coming Mom! " I answered back and then hesistantly got up from my bed and went downstairs.

The first person I saw was the least I wanted to see. James Kirth, my math whiz, rude, older brother. He was 16 and I'm 15.

He glanced up at me and gave me a stern look. God, he's really mean. I think I have another bucket of tears saved for later. He then looked down on the food on his plate. Bacon and toast, and a grape juice in a glass beside his plate.

I noisily dragged my chair and sat down and began to dig in my plate. I did'nt realized I was so hungry. I chewed on my bacon and threw a look at my brother's direction. He was answering a Sudoku while his left hand held a toast. I rolled my eyes and looked away. He's so pathetic.

In 5 minutes, I finished eating my breakfast. I ascended the stairs and then took a shower. After I dried myself, I slipped on my cargo shorts,star printed blue hoodies,and green high tops converse. I sprayed watermelon scent perfume at myself, brushed my teeth and after that I grabbed my knapsack and then went outside to wait for James. Huh. He was such a slow turtle.

After 10 minutes, he went down. His dark waters cologne filled my nose. Ugh, what a strong scent. I took a look at his outfit, he was wearing jeans and yellow flannel shirt and yellow nike shoes. He really has a thing with yellows. I turned away and began walking to the direction of our school. Yancy Academy. I heard him followed.

2 minutes later, he was walking beside me.

" Nice hoodies, Chris." James murmured as he looked at me, his emerald green eyes boring into mine. I was shocked that he actually remarked at my hoodies. But I did'nt let myself be fooled. Maybe he was just kidding me.

" Nice try James. Don't even try to talk to me. " I snapped at him, glaring in his direction.

He snickered and asked, " What's your grade in Math?"

Yeah, great. Talking about that damn subject, I bravely put on my face and answered his question.

" 80, happy James? I know you got 100 or 99 or 101 in your grade."

" 80. How.... nevermind. Of course, I get high grades in Math. " He mocked.

" Okay James. Congratulations and Hurrah for that. And now I'm starting to worry what has gotten into your brain and you have praised my hoodies and began to build a conservation between us." I muttered, gritting my teeth. I can taste the apple menthol flavor of my toothpaste.

He just looked at me blankly then he fell silent until we arrived at Yancy. Thanked God. He finally shut his mouth.

We separated when we got inside the building, he was headed in his first class, History, and me, i'm headed into the Math hall for the first class of the day.