36) Prisoner

🩸 Davinas POV 🩸

"Gavin, give it back to me right now," I laugh, barely able to form words from laughing so much. Tears are falling down from my eyes as Gavin takes my corset and puts it on himself, parading around my room like a fashion model.

"I see why you ladies wear them, they accentuate my curves exquisitely," he sings in an obnoxious accent.

I stand up and pull the lace as tight as it can go. Gavin's body entirely stills and feel the air escape him. Before I can tie it off, he frantically wiggles out of the corset, making me laugh at him even harder.

"Why would you do that?" He laughs, pointing an accusing finger at me. "You almost killed me."

"Gav, even I have to go tighter than that."

He pulls me close to him and next thing I know we're slow dancing to the silence. That's the one thing I love about Gavin, everything is unpredictable and spontaneous.

He twirls me around, making me slightly dizzy. I stumble into his arms, lightheaded from missing so many meals this week. He catches me easily, holding my body weight while I find my feet again. The familiar concerned expression takes place on his face.

"Im fine Gavin, seriously. Besides, once the dinner with your family's over, the Queen will probably let me eat at least a weeks worth of food," I lie.

He sits me down on the bed and plops on the floor in front of me. "I just don't like seeing you like this."

"Like what?"

He places light and gentle kisses on the palm of my hand, and I notice the lack of spark that flows through me.

"Vivi, you've gone through so much in your life and you're only 15. Sometimes I get scared about how much more you'll have to go through because of me."

His words unsettle me, but I can feel the raw truth seeping through. He's right, I have a long road ahead of me. Ever since it was publicly announced that I will be the future queen, my life has been a living hell.

"I'll deal. Besides, it's impossible to break someone as strong as me." I flex my weak muscles, earning a smile from Gav.

Without warning, he leaps up and tackles me onto the bed, making me squeal and laugh once more. I don't know why, but I always find myself laughing when I'm with Gav.

He traps me on the bed and sticks his hand out with his pinky extended.

"To being emotionally starved delinquents."

I grin up at his dark yet hilarious joke, connecting my pinkie with his.

"May we be dragged through dirt and given diamonds later in the night."

<3

It's really freaking hot right now.