Chapter 1: Unfortunate Demise

Late at night in the town of Summerville located in the state of Oklahoma, there was a light storm brewing over a mountain that was behind a gate labelled 'SHANDOR MINING CO.', and a vortex and some streams of energy blasting upwards.

Then, a truck roared out and in the driver's seat an old man with an old pair of circular glasses looking like only the lenses had been renewed. The truck bursts the gates down as the man continued driving, something invisible was giving chase.

He swerved around a couple of corners on the streets of Summerville, looking as if he was heading somewhere. He uncovers a trap he had and it was beeping, meaning something was in it. Then, something hit the side of the truck, sending it tumbling through a wheat field, the man somehow surviving.

Later, he got out with the trap and limps as quickly as he can to an old farmhouse and got onto the porch and pulls a lever, setting something up as the invisible foe gets closer slowly as he held out the trap.

He pulls a switch making some towers spark. The invisible enemy gets closer and closer by the second. When it's footsteps reached a position, the man stomps on a pedal, but the nearby towers sparked again and stopped what they had been doing prior. The man hits the pedal a few more times. Nothing happens.

Not having much of a choice, he runs into the farmhouse with the trap and dug through a drawer, pulling out.....a PKE Meter as it picks up a signal and the lights going out around the house. The man opened up a hatch in the floor and inserts the trap, closing the hatch and then getting in a chair, holding the PKE Meter. Waiting.

Some fog rolls out of a room and behind the chair rose some sort of spectral demonic dog-like figure. However, when the man in the chair turned around, the figure faded. He put the PKE Meter into a taser-like mode and got ready as demonic dog legs and arms ripped out of a chair and grabbed him, practically strangling him.

Outside the farmhouse, a spectral ball shoots out and rushes off. But in the farmhouse, the PKE Meter, back in it's normal mode had fallen under the chair as the man's body sat on it, lifeless. Then, the meter began going off. It was picking up the man's ghost.

PHANTOMBUSTERS: AFTERLIFE

TO BE CONTINUED