1.8

Lando stirred in his sleep as his body started to wake up. Faint sunlight got through the small crooks the curtains of Paola's bedroom had left open. He looked down at her, her head still resting on his chest and it seemed like she hadn't moved one bit during the night. His fingertips reached to trace her features, watching her eyelashes flutter slightly. Lando moved his touch over her neck, brushing his fingertips over the soft marks he had bitten into her skin last night. Warmth washed over his face as he thought of the previous night they had shared with each other. Their first time and it had been amazing. She looked so beautiful, she looked so angelic beneath him, withering with pleasure. Lando pressed his lips to her forehead, to her cheek and he nuzzled his nose in her neck. His nostrils caught a whiff of the body spray she used every day, mixed with the scent of his cologne as she wore his shirt to bed.

He didn't say anything to wake her up. Lando continued to caress her hair and her face, looking at her. It didn't take long for Paola to hum softly and open her heavy eyes. A smile curled her lips when she discovered that Lando was awake already. Her arms stretched above her head and she felt her joints crack in response. Paola curled her arms around his neck, cradling herself closer to his body and his warmth. "What time is it?". She asked sleepily, her throat a bit dry. "Early enough". Lando replied, not bothering to look over at his phone on the nightstand. "Okay". She responded, sighing deeply as she knew they eventually had to get out and pack their suitcases for Austria. They were flying in the afternoon. Paola shivered when she felt his hand moving further under the sheets and it gently lifted her shirt, feeling the bare skin of her spine. She was a bit sore from the first time they had sex. It had been intense and painful in the beginning, but Lando had been so gentle and patient with her.

Being so intimate with her boyfriend made her fall even deeper in love with him. She looked into his sparkling eyes, watching how his fluffy curls had become a bit flat, yet spiky here and there as she had been pulling on it last night. The apples of her cheeks grew hot and a small giggle erupted from her throat, which made him look at her in an amused yet questioning way. "Your hair". Paola explained and a lazy grinned formed on his handsome face. His hand reached to ruffle it a bit and he shrugged soon after. "Can we briefly talk about last night?". Lando gnawed at his bottom lip, a sudden frown of worry curling his thick, dark eyebrows. Paola rose her head up on her hand, propped up on her elbow. "You aren't regretting it, right?". He asked, he didn't know why, but he was suddenly very afraid that she didn't want it at all and he had forced her into something. "Lando, I was the one who suggested it". Paola softly said, a smile still on her lips while she reached up to caress his cheeks.

Lando slowly nodded. "I loved every minute of it". Her words soothed him some more and he nodded again, looking into her gentle, beautiful eyes. "I don't think I could've wished for a better first time". Her eyes glided over his features to see the relief washing over him. "I loved it too". He said, his thumb stroking over her cheek too before taking her hand in his and pressing soft kisses to the tips of her fingers and her knuckles. There was no pressure to speak up again and fill up the silence that fell soon after. They just looked at each other and he smiled back at her, leaning forward to connected their lips. "I love you, I really do". He muttered against her lips, as if he was afraid she hadn't believed him last night. "I love you too, Lando". Paola replied, feeling her chest becoming so warm, her body sparkling from his body being so close. Her throat was nearly squeezed with emotion, but she buried her head in his chest to hug him tightly. Lando's strong arms embraced her and he gladly held her close for the remaining hours they could spend together.

Lando was whistling away while he walked through the halls of the airport. After the days he spend together with Paola, his mood wouldn't be able to be brought down. He had a pair of headphones on, Angus had left him to find some kind of green smoothie while Lando joined the rest of the McLaren crew members in line to board their flight. Since it was an all-McLaren flight, he was seeing Paola again as well. He wasn't sure if he'd be able to hide the dreamy stares, the urge to kiss her and to hold her hand. They were probably not sitting together as he'd have Carlos on one side and Angus on the other. He saw her standing with Charlotte and Nathalie, her hair braided down her back. He had been seated on the bed while she was braiding her hair and he looked at it with great fascination. Paola wore her grey team skirt and a white button up, just like the other women, except Nathalie was wearing trousers. Paola had seen the weather forecast in Spielberg and she was pretty sure she didn't want to wear any trousers on her legs with the warmth.