1.2

"So?". Carlos asked while the two walked through the lobby of their hotel. They arrived in Le Castellet two days ago and were now on their way to the track of Paul Ricard to start the first day of the weekend. "So?". Lando asked. "And?". Carlos continued. "And, what?". The Brit responded. "Your date with Paola, stupid". Carlos smacked the back of his head and Lando let out a girlish squeal that made them both laugh. "I took her out for dinner at a Latin restaurant, since she's from Colombia". He replied. "That's smooth. Smooooth operator". Carlos sang and it made Lando roll his eyes. "That was it? You took her out for dinner and brought her back home?". Carlos asked and Lando shook his head, playing with the keys of his car while waiting at the exit for his trainer. "She slept over at my place, it was quite late". Carlos' eyes widened and he grinned afterwards. "No, we didn't". Lando said before he could ask anything.

"You forget that I've never had a girlfriend before, so you better have low expectations of me". He added. "And she's shy". Lando said and Carlos rose his hands in defeat. "I'm just happy for you, man". He patted his shoulder. "But if you need any advice...". Carlos winked and Lando scoffed. "Get out". Lando laughed nevertheless and he saw Angus coming around the corner too. "Took you long enough". Lando muttered and it caused Angus to chuckle. "You're early for once, I'm quite shocked". His trainer said. "Eager to see someone?". He teased and Lando's eyebrows rose. He was perhaps looking forward to see Paola in the hospitality, but his first duties weren't there anyway. "My car, I had to miss her almost two weeks". He smugly said and Angus laughed in his attempt to baffle his way out of it. "Let's get going, before we're still late". He said and Lando nodded, having the car keys in his hands.

Lando drove him and Angus to the circuit. It was quite hot today, however the fresh morning breeze wasn't too bad either. Maybe he was going to regret his descision to wear a sweater and a pair of sweats, with long legs. He's gotten some sceptical looks from people who walked there in their summer wardrobe, women who rose their eyebrows at him while wearing summer dresses or short skirts. Well, he wasn't going to give in to the comments now. Lando was relieved to feel the airconditioning working when he stepped into the hospitality. A pre-training day briefing was in for them first and Lando made his way through the building to sit down with his engineers and later with Carlos too. He took his sunglasses off, discreetly looking over his shoulder here and there to see if he could spot Paola, but he didn't manage to do so. Maybe she was on her breakfast or upstairs somewhere.

He hadn't seen her much between last weekend till yesterday. Lando didn't have days at the MTC this week before they left, so he mainly trained with Angus while she was working from nine till five in Woking. They exchanged some texts and he had called her, whining like a little puppy about how he missed her and her coffees. A blush painted his cheeks when he thought about it, he must've sounded rediculous, but she was still giggling through the Phone and he imagined her smile while they spoke. Lando walked into the briefing room, flipping his water bottle on the table to try to do the challenge right, but Will, his engineer, caught the bottle and put it on the table instead. "Hey". Lando said, pulling a face at him and taking his bottle back. "Let's take a seat and go over our practice schedules". Will was someone who came down to business straight away, but he was a nice guy. He just didn't like the somewhat childish things Lando had every now and then.

A boyish grin curled Lando's lips, however he leaned his elbows on the table and looked with Will at the papers that laid out in front of them on the table. Some others shuffled a bit closer as well. The half of the engineers were busy with their laptops anyway. The engine had ran already in the garage and the data that had come out of that was being overlooked now. Just to check if there was anything that needed to be checked extra before Lando and Carlos would head out on track. "It's going to be a hot weekend. Focussing on today, let's get some decent laps out and see what the temperature does to the tyres on this track. Find the limit, see what the car can do and find a good balance for tomorrow and Sunday". Lando nodded as he looked at the layout of the track, some notes scribbled on the paper, they were made yesterday during the track walk. Will explained some more things, but they were quite easy to think off.