[21]

ETHANS POV

I cover my ears when I'm stressed. It helps block out everything I hear and then I'm left with my thoughts. But sometimes I don't want to be.

I don't know what goes on in my head anymore.

Different thoughts float around it and I feel like sometimes I'm falling behind on where everyone wants me to be.

For instance, right now.

I honestly hate the fact that I don't feel like myself right now and I hate the way that it gets to me.

When I was eight I broke my ankle because I fell off my scooter and I couldn't move I felt like I was letting people down.

My mom was mad and my dad was as well, Logan helped me when I needed it.

That's the Brightside of the situation.

But that wasn't anything new, Logan was always up for a talk about anything whenever, but she's not with me right now and I don't want to try and wake her.

I don't wake her but she wakes me.

Logan's name flashes on my screen and I take a second to answer it, before I do I check the time.

1:30 am.

What the hell is she doing calling me?

I slide right and I put the phone to my ear instead of putting it on the speaker to wake Johan.

"Logan?"

"Yeah hey, sorry it's late but I have a favour to ask you." a favour?

"What is it?"

"Okay so, my friend Noah you know him I've mentioned him. But he invited me to some type of function party thing?" she tells me.

"Moving on but he's letting me invite people so I'm asking you if you can bring yourself and your friends."

It's too early for this.

"Yeah that's fine I'll invite them," I tell her.

"Thanks, Ethan, sorry for waking you." and she hangs up. not only I didn't ask her for the day, but now I have to go.

and it'll be boring.

before I go back to bed I message logan for the date and time. I'm gonna ask Johan and Emse to come, and Alena and Nate if he wants to come.

basically, the only people that I really know here.

when she answers she says it's a week from today.

I lay back down and face my phone down on my bed. I look back up at the ceiling and I stare at it for a few seconds.

then minutes,

then hours.

I can't fall back asleep so I grab my phone and I go through it. through my apps and photos.