[10]

ETHANS POV

Saying I would help Johan with his assignment is probably something I shouldn't have done, I hate writing what am I even doing?

We have a game coming up and that's already enough, and I'm scared shitless for that. The team has been getting practice in more than usual and it's only the second week.

My legs hurt and my head hurts.

Johans sleeping on the other side of the room snoring peacefully, while I'm trying to get sleep.

Thoughts flow through my head, random thoughts.

I've also realized Alena's birthday is coming up, I of course have that memorized because I know for a fact she would kill me if I didn't.

I'm almost a hundred percent sure that Johan also knows... but I probably won't mention it. If I do I can already see him planning a surprise party for her.

I wouldn't hate that... but I probably would.

Way way way too much work.

Never mind I have to do my planning for it. This is Alena here and if we're friends I need to give her something good.

See I could give her something  like a hug and money, but Johan would hate that and I know that. And it's not even for him.

I already know a lot of thought is going to go into this and it's somewhat not my favourite thing.

Her birthday is October 4th and it's September 18.

Hurry it up and think.

What do I even get a girl? What do I get Alena?

For the past 2 weeks I've learnt two things, she likes books and her favourite colour is red, sage green and sometimes purple.

That's all I have. I've also noticed that she doesn't have a place to put her books so I can get her a shelf?

Oh god no.

I'll stick to books.

The easiest part is done. Now I have to plan and see the rest. This is her eighteenth birthday, she's older than me? Apparently.

That's enough thinking for tonight. I turn to sleep on my side and soon later I fall asleep.

I wake up to Johan moving around and shuffling through some things, I open my eyes and see his going through his closet and someone talking.

"Johan, you got it?" I recognize the voice that's speaking, it's Emse, she isn't clear from where I'm turned but I most definitely hear her.

"Almost" Johan still goes through his closet and finally stops.

"I got it!"

I turn over to see what he has and Emse runs over to him, she grabs whatever's in his hands. I see that they're holding a notebook. All that for a notebook. A notebook.

"Ok, so the fourth is on a Weekday so we can just do it at night." Oh god oh god

I sit up and look at them and they both lift their eyes at me, "Oh yeah Ethan's here! add him to the list" Emse opens a pen that lays on my desk and writes down something.

"What's that for?" I ask both of them rubbing my eyes.

"Alena's surprise birthday party!" Johan exclaims with full of excitement.

I knew it I knew it. help me help me.

Why am I surprised? Johan cares about his friends, but he goes extra for these parts. He told me once he threw a huge birthday party for his friend and it was fun.