Chapter 2- Lauren calls Robin/Cindy is stuck again

Out in the police station, Police Robin Williams was in the lobby while Shelia was at the restaurant when his phone rang. 

He knew Lauren was calling him, but did not know what it was about, so he picked up his phone and answered it.

"Robin Williams, here."

"Hi, Robin."

"Hello. What can I do for you?"

"Well—I received an invitation to Natalie's party in Newtown, and I was wondering if you could come with me there."

"Of course, Lauren. It is been a long time since I have been to Newtown. I love a party. Where is it at?"

"Fire Department Chief Ivy told me it is out in Twilight Falls just near Newtown."

"Right, Lauren. I will have the address, and I will be ready at six in the evening. See you later."

"See you later, Robin."

Lauren ended the call with Robin, and he left for an emergency call after Lauren had called him.

She watched as she drove past the fire department heading to the dock. Everyone came to her and asked her what he said.

"Well—what did he say, Lauren?" Aubrey asked.

"He said yes, everyone!" Lauren squealed.

Everyone was proud of her. They fist-bumped each other and went on like it was a Premier League in the stadium. 

Ron was watching the Liverpool soccer match, and he called everyone over.

"Hey, everyone! Liverpool is on! Here comes the game-winning goal!" Ron called to the others.

"Ok, Ron!" Lauren called.

The ball was kicked, and they scored. Everyone cheered as they all shouted, "GOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!"

Ms. Cho joined in as she heard the game on TV in her office. 

They gave fist-bumps and cheers to each other until the map screen went off, and Ms. Cho went to check the map. She turned it on, and it showed the Twilight Fall's streets with a marker where the map screen read out loud:

"Cindy Pine-Forest has got her head stuck in the railings on the Twilight Falls Coast Road... again."

Ms. Cho was not surprised as she often does from time to time. She remembered the time they BOTH got stuck outside at the old fire department, and Aubrey had to rescue them. 

She activated the department alarm, and everyone waited for the emergency to be read. "Cindy Pine-Forest has got her head stuck in the railings on the Twilight Falls Coast Road... again."

Aubrey ran over to Lauren's van and grabbed her firefighting gear. Willa decided to join them.

"Saved by the bell, Lauren." Aubrey said.

"You are right, Aubrey." Lauren said.

Lauren turned to Willa who was waiting to join.

"Willa, are you with us on that one?" she asked the older sister of Aubrey.

"Sure, Lauren. Let us go."

Willa joined them in Lauren's van, and Lauren drove where Cindy was stuck. 

She came across the Crooks' house and went past where Cindy was, and Aubrey could see her stepdaughter where she was stuck.

"Lauren, she is stuck again." Aubrey said.

"I know, Aubrey. I see that." Lauren said.

Lauren stopped her van right by Cindy, and they got out, Lauren got to one side, and Aubrey and Willa on the other side. 

Cindy could see she was embarrassed, so she decided to tell them.

"Lauren Wesley. I was trying to get my pink shiny ball, and I got stuck again. That is five times I did it," said Cindy.

"I see. Just stay calm, Cindy—we will soon have you out of there."

"I am trying, Lauren..." Cindy said.

Lauren sees that there is a way to free Cindy from the golden railings, but it is very risky. She turned over to Willa, and they knew what to do.

"Willa, grab the jaws of life." Lauren said.

"Roger that, Lauren."

She got the jaws of life and passed it to Lauren who turned it on. 

She went over carefully, while Aubrey covered Cindy with a shield to prevent any injury to her. Lauren carefully cut the golden bars from the railings, and she was free.

"There you go, Cindy. Just do not let that happen again, and always think before you do it."

"I will, Lauren. Well, if that is all—I will see you later." Cindy said to Lauren.

"See you later." Lauren said.

They went back to the fire department where they saw Ron from the vehicle bay any dirt lying around with some chores on his list that Jack forgot to do, and they went into Ms. Cho's office.

She looked up to see them to be very proud of their work.

"All went what I hear?" Ms. Cho asked them.

"Yes, ma'am. It went by very easily. Cindy said that was five times she did that." Lauren said.

"Well, let us hope that she will not do it again."

"You can say that again."

Lauren went back to the vehicle bay and helped Ron finish the chores. They joined her to finish the job. 

Lauren was clearing the lockers with dust, Aubrey was polishing her van, Willa was helping to clean the floors, and Natalie was clearing the dustbin.