Chapter 4- A flashback: What to do?

(Flashback)

Later that night, Lauren was on her way to Mario's Pizza Parlor when she called Robin to tell her the news. 

They were still at the party when his phone rang. Sabrina was with him on the sofa when he picked up the phone, and he answered it.

Bold and italics- Robin

Normal- Lauren

"Yes, Lauren?"

"Hello—Robin. I just called to ask if you and Sabrina would like to meet me and Brad at Mario's Pizza Parlor."

"Sure, Lauren. Uh—what did the doctor say about Brad's arm?"

"Well—it does not need surgery, but it is going to be in a cast for eight weeks."

"In other words—it is broken, right?"

"Yes."

"Okay, we will meet you there."

"Great. See you there."

Robin ended the call with Lauren and placed his phone back into his pocket before grabbing the keys to the police car and going to find Sabrina. 

He saw her sitting on the sofa with the other kids and Sheila. Robin told Shelia where they were going, and turned to Sabrina.

"Sabrina, are you ok?" he asked her.

"Yes, Robin."

"You seem worried about Brad, do you?"

"Yes."

"Well—I have good news. They just left the hospital, and they are coming."

"Yay! But—what IS the bad news?"

"Brad's arm is in a cast for eight weeks. He will be alright, Sabrina."

"Uh—where are we going?"

"Your mom wants us to meet her at Mario's Pizza Parlor. Are you ready?"

"Yeah!"

"I am glad you like it. Come on."

Robin and Sabrina said goodbye to Pam and thanked her for the invite to the party. They got into the police car and drove off to Mario's Pizza where Lauren and Brad were waiting. 

Lauren had just finished up at the hospital with Brad after his arm was broken while playing soccer in the nearby field.  

Out on the road, Lauren and Brad had arrived at Mario's Pizza Place, and it was not dark except the sun was setting between Twilight Falls and Newtown. 

Their van is parked beyond the entrance to the place in case of a fire or any other type of problem in the fire department called from the department. They walked in, and Mario was working on a new setup on the counter.

"Oh, Lauren. What a surprise. How is the team?"

"The team is doing great, Mario. Nice work on the counter."

"Thank you, Lauren. I have worked so much putting it together."

"Oh, that looks great. You have done a great job."

"I am sure I have made that just for you, and the fire department."

"I am sure they will love it."

"I think so, too. What happened to you, Brad?"

"I was with Sabrina and my friends out in the nearby field nearby, while our mom was at Pam's party, and as I tried to stop the ball, I hit my arm on the goalpost so hard, and it broke my arm." Brad said.