Chapter 9- Brad in the hospital/Andy, Cindy, Johnathan, Ken, Robin, and Sabrina

Lauren was driving her van as she was on her way back to the Twilight Falls Fire Department.

She had Brad on board with an arm injury on their way to the hospital, and Brad looked out the window.

"Uh—Mom?"

"What is it?"

"Will I need to tell my Dad and Jessica about that?"

"Don't worry, sweetie. I will let them know. You just rest your arm for a while, and you will be fine."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I have some things I liked doing when I had a broken arm."

"Uh—what are they?"

"I will tell you after we visit the doctor."

"Okay, Mom."

They arrived and Lauren hopped out to the driver's side, and she went to the passenger's side to help Brad out of the van. 

They walked into the hospital's A&E unit, and Lauren went to the front desk to check him in.

"Can I help you, ma'am?" the man asked.

"I brought my son right here for a broken arm, and I was hoping we could get someone to look at it."

"Okay, and—what is his name?"

"Brad Florence Wesley."

"Alright, and—you said he was your son?"

"Correct."

"Ok. I have his name up there, and it shows his mother was Lauren Wesley, correct?"

"Yes, that is me."

"Wait, are you Lauren Wesley?"

"I am."

"I think I know who is here today with him. It is Firefighter Lauren."

"I am always there to save the day."

"Anyway—I have him all set, and the nurse will call you up soon, ok?"

"Thank you."

"You are welcome."

Lauren went over to where Brad was, and she held him with his one arm. They found a nice place to sit, and Brad encountered the same problem.

"Do you have a broken arm, too?" he asked.

"I do. It happened when I was practicing some mountain climbing with my siblings when I was young. What about you?"

"I was playing soccer, and then the ball came towards me. I tried to stop it like a goalie, and it hit me in the process."

"Aw... that hurts, honey-boo."

"It does."

"Is that your friend?" someone asked.

"No. That is my Mom, so Jessica is out today, and I do not know why."

"Well, my Dad brought me here. We took a car from the Newtown City Center."

Isabella gasped.

"Wait a minute... is that Lauren Wesley?"

Brad looked back at Lauren, and she smiled at him. He turned back to his new friend.

"This is Lauren Wesley. I usually call her Mom because she is my Mom."

"Nice. It is nice to have someone in the fire department."

"True. I am Brad. What is your name?"

"I am Isabella. I went to my high school after I moved from Kansas."