Chapter 8- It happens: Brad broke his arm :(

Meanwhile, Brad and Sabrina saw Andy and Ken with Cindy and Johnathan. Andy had a soccer ball with him, and they decided to plan their game in the park.

"Hi, Andy." Brad called.

"Hi, Brad."

"Uh—what do we want to play?"

"I know, we can play soccer." Cindy called.

"I am in." Sabrina added.

"I am in." Johnathan replied.

"I guess I am in." Ken chimed.

"Great! I call goalie because it is my place on the teens' soccer team in Twilight Falls."

Brad and the other kids gathered in the center, and they called their places until kick-off was underway.

Back at the party, Lauren and Robin were having a great time with some fresh lemonade, after they had some time on the dance floor.

"Uh—is Brad okay?" Robin asked.

"Well—at least he was okay. I still do not know what happened..."

Back at the park, the kids were still playing soccer after Sabrina scored a goal, and Brad could not stop it.

"To me—Andy! I am open!" Ken called.

"Okay, Ken! Here it comes!"

Brad saw the ball coming, and he made a move for it. 

Cindy saw it ahead of the goal. When Brad stopped it, he heard a break after the ball hit the beam of the goal on his arm.

"Oh, chips." Cindy said surprised.

"Brad, are you okay?" Andy asked.

"No, Andy. I broke my arm again."

"Oh, no. We need to get help, Cindy."

"I know, Andy. We are in the park, and no one can find us there."

"How about my mom? She will know what to do." Sabrina replied.

Andy and Sabrina rushed out to find the others.

Aubrey and Lauren were talking with Robin, Ron, and Tiffany. 

They were enjoying some fresh lemonade until the door opened, and Andy came here with Sabrina.

"Sabrina, Andy. It is good to see you there." said Lauren.

"Mom, Robin. You need to see that. There has been an accident."

"What is it?"

"It is Brad. Cindy kicked the ball towards the goal, and it hit him into the goal post, and it hit his arm."

"Where?" asked Robin.

"There is a field just down the road from here. We might need your van." Andy replied.

"Okay, Robin. You take the police car while we head out there in the van." Lauren said to Robin.

"I am on it."

Everyone ran over to the field, and Robin drove in his police car while Shelia came along with her motorbike.

"Ron, I need you to check on my son, and see if he is okay. Robin, I need you to talk with the kids. I think Cindy knows what is going on."

Lauren was not sure what happened, so she decided to tell them.

"What is going on down there, guys?"

"We are playing a game of soccer. I tried to score a goal, and it hit Brad in the arm with the goalpost." Johnathan said.

"It was true, Lauren. I passed it to Andy and then he passed it to Johnathan who passed it to Cindy. Then—it happened from there." Ken said. 

Brad could not hold much longer to hide his pain, and Lauren knelt beside Brad, and she was making sure he was alright.

"Can you tell me what it was hurting?" she asked.

"Ouch! My arm!" he said sadly.

"Ron, grab him a blanket. We need to keep him warm."

Ron nodded and he went to get a blanket. Lauren kept Brad calm as his eyes filled with tears. 

"Look—it is okay. Just calm down, I need to get you to the hospital."

"But Mom, it—it hurts." Brad said with tears in his eyes.

"Shh... it is okay, honey-boo. I got you." Lauren said as she was wiping his tears away.

While Lauren held her son close, Sabrina and the other kids were still in place.