what makes a hero?

Bakugo;

"Answer me this, Bakugo. What makes a hero?"

The question rang in my mind.m for 5 years.

"Saving people, right?"

Am i an idiot? Saving people is far too ambiguous. To save someone isn't just to scoop up an innocent person from the arms of a villain. To save someone isn't just to fight off a bad guy who wants to hurt a civilian.

To save someone is to help someone. To be there for someone in a way most people can't. To make someone feel safe, both physically and emotionally. To take care of someone, to notice when someone is not okay and fix it. To be open minded.

It's not all about saving people, it's about helping people. It's about wanting to help people.

"that's the whole reason i wanted to become a hero in the first place.. to put a smile on everyone's faces.. to be loved by all.. to make sure that no one will ever feel the way i felt.. to make sure everyone feels important."

She wanted to help people.

"you deserve way more than you let yourself believe. you are adored by many already, bakugou; myself included."

She cared about everyone, so much.

"promise me you'll stop being so hard on yourself all the time. promise you'll see yourself in a brighter light?"

I could never be a real hero.

None of us could.

"forgive me."

What a selfish thing to ask. How could she ever forgive me? I deserve everything that she might do to me. All of us deserve everything she's done.

Because she was a hero.

She believed in everyone.

We deserve what she's doing.

We're all..

Fucking idiots.