42. House

Andreana

A few hours later...

After 3 hours of waiting, doctor Downwell finally comes out of the operating room.

My heart's beating so fast. We don't know what to expect.

I can't read the emotions on doctor Downwell face. He doesn't look happy, he doesn't look sad. He looks neutral.

What the fuck could that even mean?

The 5 seconds of silence felt like minutes, hours, days. Someone finally speaks up. "So? How did it go?"

Doctor Downwell takes a deep breath in and out. "There's good news and bad news."

Oh shit. Isn't there always?

"Just throw them in our face. Don't take us lightly." I command.

He continued talking. "The good news is Allonso is alive."

Everyone started cheering, hugging everybody. But I'm just standing frozen, waiting for the bad news to come. "If he's alive, what's the bad news?" I ask.

"He's in a coma and there's no telling when he'll be coming out of it." The doctor explains.

My heart sinks to my stomach. I'm looking at the doctor with no reaction. Everyone in my surroundings start crying, praying. Hoping for the best. But not me. I'm standing near to death, here but not here, hearing everything, seeing everything. But not being able to respond.

Just like Allonso.

The doctor adds more bad news to the long book. "If Allonso doesn't wake up, and his condition gets worse, you and your family have to consider pulling the cable."

And that was my last straw. I run into Allonso's room. Yelling at him. Screaming like he could hear me. I hit him in his chest. "How dare you fucking leave! Wake up. Stop playing this stupid game, it's not funny!"

Alexio runs into the room, grabbing me by the waist. Pulling me off Allonso. Oh I could fucking fight him for removing me from my brother. "Let me go Alexio!"

He doesn't let go, he keeps holding me. "Calm down, Andreana. Your family is now worried for you too. Stop acting up you're scaring them!"

I try to wiggle out of his grip. "So? Let them be scared. I'm the only one not fucking crying and trying to bring Allonso back!"

Ariana comes into the room crying and mad. "By hitting him Andreana? You're not helping, you're killing him. Again! Like you did at home. He could've survived if you didn't shook him while he was bleeding to death."

"How dare you fucking say that! This is not my fault. He jumped in front of you! The bullets were meant for you. How dare you make me feel guilty while you're the fucking reason he's laying down here!" I walk up to her yelling in her face.

Alexio sighs. "Stop fighting it's not bringing him back and you both are not helping."

I roll my eyes sarcastically laughing. "And what are you doing? You're literally doing exactly the same as this bitch here. Nothing."

Ariana laughs. "Oh so now you're calling me a bitch?"

I turn to her. "Yes and I'll do it again."

"Oh you raging bitch." And her hand crosses my face.

I kick her into her stomach. "How dare you fucking touch me." She pulls my hair but I keep hitting and hitting her on her arm, making her let go.

Alexio grabs me again, stopping us from fighting. Mamma and papa walk in concerned. "Get off me Alexio. Im going to kill that bitch and give her a reason to blame me for something!"

Alexio looks at mamma and papa. "porta Ariana fuori di qui. (Get Ariana out of here.)"

Mamma and papa nod and get that bitch of a mother out of here.

I calm down and Alexio finally let's me go. "Stop fucking acting up. You want me to call Joshua to come pick you up?!" He yells at me.

"I don't need you or any other man anymore in my life. Fuck you!" I flip him off and leave the damn hospital.

Everyone's trying to leave out of my life and I'm not letting anyone in. I'm walking on the side of the road, and a car pulls up.

I recognize the car almost immediately. "Go away. I don't need a ride."

He chuckles. "I'm not letting you walk either."

"Alexio called you didn't he." It was rather a statement than a question.

"Yes, he did. And luckily he did otherwise you'd still be walking." He tries to make me laugh but it's not working.

"Ha ha very funny. Please leave me alone, I'm tired. I just want to go." I insist.

"Go where? And I'll never leave you alone. Get in so we can go home and we'll get you clean and get you food." He opens the car door for me.

Tears starting to form in my eyes while I get in the car. He pulls me in for a hug and we're standing parked while he keeps on hugging me. "Thank you for helping me. You're the only one who's actually making me feel better."

And that makes me tear up even more. Because Allonso is supposed to be the one to make me feel better.

He's the one who always makes me feel better.

Joshua delivers a kiss on my forehead. "Just remember what I said. He's fighting for you and your family. Your family is trying to be strong for you too. They are trying to make you feel better. Just give them time to better themselves too."

I nod. "You're right thank you."

"You're always welcome Andreana." He smiles and I smile back at him.

I don't know which house we're heading, but as long as I'm with him I'm good.

I'm lying. I do care which house we're going. I don't want to go back to the mansion.

Hopefully he's not referring to that house even though he stayed there.

The car ride to the house we're going to takes 30 minutes. At least that what's the navigation is telling us.

But as I did before, I passed out in the car.

Sleeping my pain away, sleeping the sadness away in hope for a good dream.