Chapter 9

I don't own any part of Harry Potter, I only own Georgia, Henry and Alice.

*Y/n POV*

I was at home with mum and dad, I was telling them about school and about Potions and how well I was doing in all my lessons, and they were elated for me. I had been missing Severus a lot but a letter came this morning from him that I was yet to read, I quickly opened it and started reading.

 I had been missing Severus a lot but a letter came this morning from him that I was yet to read, I quickly opened it and started reading

I was so excited as soon as I finished breakfast I ran up to my room to write him back. I grabbed my quill and ink and scribbled down all my feelings since I left. 

*Snape's POV*

Sitting down at my desk marking ticks and crosses through assignments I kept glancing to a hidden place on my desk where a picture of Y/n smiling was, she kept me going even when she wasn't here physically. I was waiting and quite frankly anticipating a letter any time today, I just know how punctual she likes to be. 

An hour or so went by I grew hungry so I made my way down to the hall for some lunch, only a few staff showed up to lunch including myself, Minerva and Albus. I gave a curt nod and take a seat before Albus allowed the food to appear he gave a speech and watched as owls arrived with letters for the remaining children and staff. Something was wrong though my owl had entered the hall and headed towards me with a letter. I quickly realised it was probably from Y/n, I grab the letter and hurry to my office locking the door. I had been waiting all day for this. I peel the stamp and take out the letter.

My heart warmed more and more as I read through, I was utterly shocked at how much I had fallen for Y/n over the past few months

My heart warmed more and more as I read through, I was utterly shocked at how much I had fallen for Y/n over the past few months. I wanted to sit there for hours rereading the letter but of course, reality kicks in and my door is knocked on. I sigh and place the letter upside down on my desk. "Come in," I announce unlocking the door I had previously locked. Albus walked in and with a slightly unhappy expression, I frowned thinking something bad had happened. I brace myself for a long night.

"Afternoon Severus, there is some good news and some bad news." Albus starts and I sigh quietly before nodding him to continue. "The girl, Y/n L/n. I found a few things on her aunt and uncle." My eyes widen for a moment and proceed to allow him to take a seat he seats and there is a long silence where I begin to become very impatient. "Severus, their names are Mrs Kelly Sneed and Mr Tim Sneed they were killed by deatheater Severus Snape as his loyalty test." My face drops into my hands as I start to remember the events of last year, it was the same night Bellatrix was sent to Azkaban for the Longbottom tortures. Albus had ordered me to do it to prove my loyalty and keep me in the circle of death eaters had he not asked me to do it, it would've still been done. "Severus you must tell the girl, you must keep her safe but do not let her tell your secret." I nod in disappointment another heartbreaking task I will have to force myself to do so Albus doesn't ship me off to Azkaban.