Three

ATLANTA, GA

August 2

So I did move to Atlanta with my grandma. I stay with her through my whole pregnancy. When Delilah turn 6 months I went it got a 2 bedroom apartment downtown. I still wasn't over how von cheated on me and I was in a new town and I didn't know anybody but my grandma. I was going through postpartum but then I met this girl named Ari who has a son a year older than La. She lives in the same apartment building as me plus we are both from the chi.

I am still close with my parents they are my biggest support system. They come down every holiday or birthday. My dad told me "the crew" continue to ask about me. I am over the situation it's just I trust these so much so for them to betray me like that it just really hurt. I basically spend my whole pregnancy in my room crying. Even though it has been 4 years since I have seen them. I still keep what on what they doing. The boys started rapping and it look like their careers are taking off. India started her own business.

Muwop and I are still close, he is the annoying big brother I wish I didn't have. Muwop comes down to see me and Delilah with his daughter, Malaysia. After I left, wop found out he had a daughter on the way with one of his hoes.

When I got pregnant my ass got fatter, my hips got wider, my breast even grow. I was a badass bitch, I mean I was one before but now It a whole different level. Ari got me into this whole Instagram model shit and hosting. I make my money from that and my clothing brand.

Von still doesn't know about Delilah. When he found out it going to be some shit. I plan on telling him this year so if he wants he can be there for her birthday in January.

I was in the kitchen fixing myself, La, Ari, and Yoshon Ari's son something to eat. They were in the living watching tv. "Lani your phone kept ring" She handed me the phone and I see I have 9 missed calls from Monica. Something in my stomach told me it was something bad.

I called her back. "Hello" "Hey it's me" "oh baby there's something I need to tell you. You might want to sit down" I could hear that she had been crying. " He's dead isn't he" "yeah Lani he is" She burst out crying. I don't know what was wrong with me. I didn't have any emotion I fell numb.

Maybe I was in shock or maybe I am used to people I am close with dying. No this was my dad but I have also been waiting for this call since I was a little girl. Not in a bad way, my father never sugar-coated so I knew every time he walked out the door it was a chance he would come back.

"Alilani!!" I hear from the other side of the phone. I forgot she was on the phone. " Can I call you back" I didn't even let her reply I just hung up. "Lani you ok" Here it comes, the waterworks. I shook my head no. She runs to me and hugs me"what's wrong" " My dad ... he is" "ohh baby it's going to be okay. I got Delilah tonight if you want to be alone" I just shook my head.

Delilah runs up to me "what's wrong mommy, don't cry" I been down to give her a hug and pick her up. When her face met mine she wipe my tears " mommy don't cry" she then put her arms around my neck and place her head on my shoulder "I love you mommy" "Awwwl Mommy love you more"

A week later

We just touch down in chi. It was Ari, La, and me. Yoshon was with his dad, Dave East.

(I ship Ari and Dave. Leave me alone)

My father's funeral is tomorrow but I plan on staying two weeks so I can tell Von he has a daughter. This man might kill me or his mom. I forgot about his mom. We had a good relationship so I know she was gone be mad when I tell her I kept the first grandaughter away. Maybe they will take it easy on me. My father just die.

We took a Uber to the hotel. Muwop was coming to pick us so we can go get our rental cars.

"Mommy can we go swimming" "yeah we will later we going to go see gma" "What about papa"I try telling her he is gone. I guess I didn't explain it right. I don't know either I will just get Monica to help she is better at this kind of stuff.

Luckily I didn't have to answer her question because someone knock on the door. I went to open the door, it was wop. " Lani back in The Raq" "I knew that was your big mouth ass" Ari said making me laugh " don't start with me Jigsaw" "yall both don't need to start"

He took us to go get our cars. I have a black jeep and Ari got a red one. Ari went to go shop as I went to my parents' house. I pulled up and I didn't see anybody. I knew Monica was home because I called first. I was so happy that nobody was there. She has been having the seating up here this whole week.

She told everyone that she need a break and that she just want to be alone since she has to bury her husband tomorrow. That was true but she also knows that I was coming and wouldn't want to be bothered by nosey people's questions. But she can't save me tomorrow. I knock on the door wait for her to answer. I have a key but a long time ago I learn to knock first.

When she answered I just looked at her. she didn't look the same. She just looks like all the life in her was drained out of her. "Gma!" " Hey, Gma baby" she grabs La from me and hugs me pulls me into the house.

She pull La down" go play in your room while me and your momma talk, you got some new toys" La run to his room