Five

Flashback... 7 Years ago

"T...T... T.roy I know you hear me calling you" I yelled. " Man Lani what the fuck do you, Im tired" I scrunch my face up cause who tf he talking to because its not me.

"Tf your face scrunch up for, stop making that face you look ugly asf" T.roy said getting up from his nap that his little sister woke him up from. "Nigga I know you not talking out of everybody in O'block you the ugliest"

"Lani stop playing, I get bitches forreal" I started laughing " yeah the ugly stanking bitch nobody want" and that made T laugh. " so you think your friend Jada is a ugly stanking bitch"

"James, you didn't I told you to leave her alone" Lani told him upsetting because girls always befriend Lani because they want her brother. She was hope Jada was different but she wasn't.

"I'm sorry La, she came to me and who I'm I to decline her" I rolled my eyes " Man fuck you, please tell me you not the nigga she was talking get Valentine dick from" he was just silent because she told him not to tell him. " Bruh I bet you don't even like her forreal"

"Man La I'm not finna do this with you, what you want waking me out my sleep and shit?" I sign " I want to go to store but daddy said I can't go by myself so can you come with me"

"Your ass is 13 now, you should be able to go to the store by yourself. I was going at 7 by myself" Roy said getting up and pulling on a jacket and shoes. He was just talking he would never allow his little sister to go the store by herself knowing how dangerous it. .

"Whatever I will be waiting on you by the door"

As I was waiting on Roy there was a knock on the door, I open it seeing von fine ass. I have the biggest crush on but he doesn't even notice me forreal. I'm just troy little sister who everyone is nice to because they either scared or respected my brother or dad.

"Wassup lil folk, you good ain't nobody fucking you, right" I rolled my eyes. He know damn well nobody messing me. " I'm good Von, you know nobody messing with me" I don't really cussed around him, he always hit me when I do.

" And its going to stay that way where T.roy" " he upstairs, he should be coming down. we finna go the store, you should come with us" Roy finally came down seeing von dubbing him up. We left the apartment, Von grab the bike that was leading again the building.

" Since when did you have a bike von," I asked " Since today, when I told it from this weak ass 63rd nigga" I shook my head while my brother just laugh. We start walking to the store it was 3 block away.

"Ailani, you want to ride" Von asked "I don't even remember how to ride" Roy and Von look at me like I'm stupid " Why tf yall looking like me like that" Von hit me in my arm not hard enough to caused real pain. "ow von why you hit me" "What I told you about cussing" Von making me rolled my eyes.

"La you can forget how to ride it's literally impossible, your airhead" Roy said. Shut up ugly, I don't even know how we relate" Von just laughing at us.

"So do you want to get on" Von asked. I answered yes and got on they both helped me until I got hang of it, I remember I was just rusty.

"I can't wait to tell pops about this" Roy said as he and Von laughed "Shut up Roy "

We finally made it to the store, I went inside alone but I guess I was taking too long because Von came in asking what was taking so long. I was really just being indecisive. We went to the counter and the Indian man rang me. I was about to pay but Von slapped a 20 Dollar bill on the counter. " no, von I got money" I know lil folk, just considerate as Valentine's day gift" Von said making me blush " well thank you Vonny" I said as I put my stuff in the bag. "man lani I told you to stop calling me that ga-" Von was cut off by gunshots. He quickly pulled me behind the 911nearest shelf.

He start checking me, making sure I wasn't hit " Lani are you ok, was you hit" He asked " Yeah Von are you okay" " Yeah I'm fine " Just as he said that his eye bulged " T.roy" He starts running outside. I was right behind him. The site I saw will always be permanently tattooed in my mind. It was t.roy choking on his own blood. Across the street, it was 3 boys posted up with their gun and laughing shooting their middle fingers. I look at each one of their faces and remember what they look like as I run to my brother. Von pulled out his gun and started running after them. Before he got too far I scream for him not to leave us. he run back to us as I was trying to put pressure on my brother's wound but there were too many.

"Lani... La... Ailani" " No! no, I will not lose you too, you have to stay with me, please don't leave me, someone helps us please" " I called 911 T.roy, you got to stay with us we can't lose you, man lil folk need you" Von as tears fall from his face, I saw von cry before or after this day.

"I don't think I'm going to make it" Roy said slowly. " ple-please don't say that you I need you to please" I cry for him. " I can't feel nothing, I don't even feel your hands, I'm dying" " Noooo! you are not dying you not allowed to"

" Von promise me you will look after her please" Roy looked a von

" You know I got lil folk forever I promise you"

" No why are yall talking like that, James not dying, you will look after me because you not dying, WHERE THE FUCK IS THAT AMBULANCE!" Von and Roy both knew the truth by the time ambulance came he will be long gone. He was losing too much blood too fast and 911 always takes a long time to the "hood". Deep down Ailani knew it too but she hold on to some hope that they will come in time.

"This is my fault, I should have let you sleep, all for some candy I'm so sorry" I should have just left him alone.

"La it's not your fault, I'm going to go be mama and you here with pops"

"But I don't want you to leave me"

"I will never leave you, I will always be there for you. I ----- Lo--ve -- you" with that he said his final word. That was it I broke down. Von closed his eyes and I hold on to him. I heard someone yell my name, I knew it was my dad but I didn't move. My father pulls me off James. He looks at me with so much sorrow, can't take it anymore. Everything went black.

_______________________________________

I basically went mute until after James' funeral. I was done feeling sorry for myself. If it was the other way around T.roy would have had them niggas on a t-shirt already. My dad had every nigga in the street looking for them niggas so far two mothers are grieving for their son. Two down one more to go. My dad got one, von got the other one, and the last one was mine.

Even though I was only thirteen I was taught how to fight when I was six and at 11 I was taught how to handle and shoot a gun. I was born into this "gang" and so were my brother and my father it was in our blood, even my mother was born in it. I was never a gang to me, they all were just my family, and family not only protect each other but all so kill for each other.

The last one mother sends him to stay with his grandma who lives on the outskirt of Chicago, we were right outside the house. I look at the gun in my hand, it was T.roy gun. I went to his room for the first time since it happen to go get it. Being the nosey little sister that I'm I knew his hiding places.

Von looked over at me " are you sure you want to do this, I can do this" "No I can do this, Roy would do it for me"

Even though I kill the last one, I still at a large hole in my heart. That day my brother died something in me died with him. The people around me help me get back on my feet, and I eventually start begging happily again thanks to Von.

It's been a minute, sorry for the wait. I
got lazy but I'm back. Sorry for any misspelling or grammar mistakes I started an 11 and didn't finish until 2. Y'all just read 1540 words so Congrats to you 🥳
Please vote and comment thank you !!

XOXO Symone 💋