Four

Funeral Morning

Chicago, Illinois

"Lani... Lani...Lani" Ari called Lani trying to find her. "girl you didn't hear me calling you" " I can't do it Ari" Lani said breaking down " I know baby and I wish you didn't have to do" Ari said trying to comfort her.

"How am I supposed to bury my father, he was the only parent I had left" " I don't know but just know I got you and La" " I love you buttercup" " I love you too chocolate drop"

"Can you get La dress for me?" Lani asks Ari " yess Look you have a lot to worried about today... I got La just worry about grieving and I will make sure La ok" Lani did say anything just gave Ari a big tight hug.

At the Church

Alani was fell with mixed emotions pulling up to the church. Sadness for having to bury her father, anger at person who kill her father, nervous knowing her old friend would be there, a lil bit of happyness knowing she can count on her support system with behind her.

Everyone was already seated as Moncia, Lani , and La walked hand and hand walking down the aisle to there seat that was in the front. The church was mixed with differnt reaction, most was the same. They was amazed how Alani mature not just her body but her demeanor. The way she carry herself with her head up. This was a big step for lani because her last time she was in chi she left with her head down and tears in her eyes.

As Lani walked she meet eyes with her ex-friends and lover and keep a stone cold expressions on her face. They finaily made it to their seat. The program started whole time Lani could feel Von eyes on her but she pay it no mind. When they close the coffin Lani finaily broke down, the realization that she lost her last bio parent. Seeing her reaction made the whole church shed a tear or two. India heart broke for her old bestfriend, want so bad to run up there to hug her. Delilah start crying seeing her mother like that. She was siting in Ari lap but Ari gave her to wop who was siting by her. He calm down La as Ari and Moncia hold Lani tell her to let it out.

After the service, people stay comfort Lani and Monica give them their condolences. Delilah stay by Ari scary of the unfortunate people. She starts to get thirsty, she remember walking past a water fountain. She left Ari side as Ari was talking to Wop. She found the water fountain but was so short to reach it. She look at around to find something or someone to help. " Hey lil ma do you need help" Delilah look at the man talking to her and shook her head yes. He pick her up and help drink the water. Once she got done she look at the man. "What's your name " " Its Von, what your name princess " " My names is Delilah, can you take me back to my mommy I'm lost"

As von walk to the room where everybody was at with Delilah hold his hand. Alani meet them in the hall. She was already look for La. So when she saw her, she ran toward and La did the same. When they meet Lani pick her up hold get tight " don't ever wonder off by yourself, ok" " I'm sorry mommy I was thirsty and got lost but mr.von help me" That's when Lani finally looked at von. His dreads was longer and he dye some of them, he also grew a lil taller and more muscular. Dammm

"Hey Lani" Von said look at how much she don't change over the years. "Von" Lani said showing no emotion when though there was so many there.

Shoutout to @nivthadoll7 for pushing me to update 💓💓

Y'all comment and feedback really motivated me to update so please vote and comment.

I really hope y'all like it 😁