𝖎. meeting the team

THE RIDE inside the back of the van was quite boring for the teenager

     THE RIDE inside the back of the van was quite boring for the teenager. It was dark, uncomfortable, and overall something she wouldn't want to experience again.

"How about our other recruit?" She heard a man's voice.

"Recruits." The man, who she learned was named Clint, corrected, "I think...but, he's rarin' to go." He opened the door revealing Astrid and her father. "Had to put a little coffee in him...but he should be good." Scott jolted awake at the slam of the door. "And...she entertained herself. No coffee needed."

"Why am I getting a headache?" Steve Rogers mentioned. Scott smacked his daughter's shoulder lightly. She smiled, Scott beginning to laugh slightly.

"What time zone is this." Scott squinted his eyes. No one answered his question, even though Astrid also wanted to know.

"Come on." Clint began. "Come on." He gave her father a little shove closer to Steve. Scott shook Steve's hand, beginning to greet him.

"Captain America!" Scott exclaimed.

"Mr. Lang." Steve responded nonchalantly.

"It's an honor." Scott continued to shake the man's hand. "I'm shaking your hand too long. Wow! This is awesome!" He smiled turning around, and he saw his daughter giving him two thumbs up. "Captain America. I know you, too." He pointed towards Wanda Maximoff. "You're great!" Wanda gave him a smile. "Jeez." Scott touched Steve's arms. "Ah, look, I wanna say, I know you know a lot of super people, so...thinks for thanking of me." Astrid sighed, shaking her head. "Hey, man!" He pointed to Sam Wilson.

"What's up, Tic Tac?" Sam responded with a small nod.

"Uh, good to see you." He closed his eyes — temporarily — with a small nod. "Look, what happened last time when I—."

"It was a great audition, but it'll..." He paused with a laugh. "It'll never happen again."

"They tell you what we're up against?" Steve intervened.

"Something about some psycho-assassins?" Astrid furrowed her eyebrows.

"What—?" Her eye's went wide.

"We're outside the law on this one." Steve began to explain the situation. "So if you come with us, you're a wanted man..." He looked towards Astrid for a split second. "And...girl." Astrid frowned.

"We'll try to keep you out of this as much as possible." Wanda whispered to the young girl. Astrid wanted nothing to do with the law, so why would they drag her into this? The Lang girl sighed in relief, muttering a small 'thank you.'

"Yeah, well, what else is new." Scott looked towards his daughter with a worried look.

"We should get moving." James Buchanan 'Bucky' Barnes intervened.

"We got a chopper lined up." Clint nodded. And that's when a man started to speak German on the PA.

"They're evacuating the airport." Bucky said, removing his arm from the roof of the car he was leaning on.

"Stark." Sam looked at Steve.

"Stark?" Scott questioned.

"Suit up." Steve said, looking at the father and daughter before turning around and walking towards Bucky.

"What—? No! What am I supposed to do in a fight like that? Read their minds and tell you guys their moves?" Astrid frowned once more. Everyone gave her a look, silently saying that it was a great idea. "Plus, I don't even have a suit." She flapped her arms around.

"Just go in your civilian clothes." Sam shrugged. "Also, please read their minds and tell us their moves." Astrid huffed in defeat.

author speaks!fun fact about peter and astrid before we continue this story any further; they have the same exact birthday 🤗

author speaks!
fun fact about peter and astrid before we
continue this story any further; they have
the same exact birthday 🤗

astrid's corner!
i think that nothing good will come out of this