Chapter 13

Ava's pov

I wake up to the sun shining through Colby's curtains. I can't remember the last time I've ever slept so good as the previous night.

I get out of bed to see that Colby's still asleep on the couch. I couldn't help but smile at how cozy he looks wrapped up in the blankets.

I decide that I'll take a quick shower in Colby's bathroom before he wakes up. Since it's Saturday I do not have to go to work so I'll just borrow some of Katrina's clothes again.

I walk over to Sam's room, knocking on the door hoping that either Sam or Katrina is already awake. To my luck Sam opens the door.

"Good morning Ava.", Sam says while smiling. "Good morning Sam. I was just wondering if Katrina was awake so that I can borrow some of her clothes.", I say.

"She's still sleeping but feel free to fetch some clothes for you.", Sam says. "Thank you.", I say before walking over to his closet.

Great! Katrina only has crop tops. I can't remember the last time I wore a crop top but what can I do?

I quickly grab an outfit before walking back to Colby's room to shower. After my shower I put on the outfit, fix my hair into a half up half down hairdo and put on some makeup.

 After my shower I put on the outfit, fix my hair into a half up half down hairdo and put on some makeup

I head downstairs to the kitchen to grab myself a cup of coffee for the day. Your girl can't live without her coffee okay!

I see Katrina in the kitchen also drinking a cup of coffee. She must've waken up right after I left Sam's room.

"I made a cup of coffee for my coffeeholic sister.", Katrina says. "Why thank you.", I laugh taking a sip of the piping hot coffee.

"Your outfit looks cute.", Katrina says obviously knowing that it's her clothes. "Thank you, thank you.", I say sarcastically.

"So...what happened between you and lover boy last night?", Katrina asks. Of course she'll think we did something inappropriate.

"Nothing.", I simply say. "Nothing? Not even a little kiss?", Katrina asks shocked. Should I tell her about our kiss on the beach yesterday?

"You're spacing out meaning you're probably lying to me Ava.", Katrina says. "Well we kissed on the beach yesterday but that was it.", I finally admit.

"You kissed!", she yells so loud the whole neighbourhood probably heard her. "Keep your voice down please.", I practically whisper.

"Who kissed?", Sam says when he enters the kitchen as well. "Great! Thanks Katrina!", I say dramatically.

"Oh come on. It's cute Ava. Ava and Colby kissed yesterday.", Katrina says to a wide eyed Sam.

"That is cute Ava.", Sam says. "Why do you guys keep on saying it's cute?", I ask.

"Well, Colby never really felt this way about a girl before. He never kissed a girl to show that he liked her. He'll only ever kiss someone for other reasons...especially when drunk.", Sam says.

"Other reasons?", I ask. "To hook up Ava.", Katrina says. My face makes a "Oh" face. I'm so stupid!

"Yeah, to hook up. He also never shuts up about you when your not here. I've known him for a lifetime and he never opens up about a girl the way he opens up about you.", Sam says leaving me shocked.

"Why? If you don't mind me asking of course.", I say. Katrina and Sam just look at each other almost scared to say something.

"We'll let Colby tell you all about it.", Sam says before quickly exiting the kitchen. That's weird. What did Colby do? Does it maybe involve a girl?

"Whoa!", I hear behind me. I turn around to see Colby looking at me up and down. For the first time ever I didn't even feel uncomfortable. Usually when anyone, male or female, looks me up and down I feel uncomfortable and insecure but this time I felt confident.

How can one person change my perspective about myself like that? Does Colby have some magical powers or something?

"You should wear crop tops more often.", he says with a smile. "I'm gonna go.", Katrina says before walking in the same direction Sam went.

"Really?", I ask curiously. "Yeah, you look hot.", he smiles. There is the word I hate the most. Hot. He could've used beautiful, cute or even gorgeous but no. He had to say hot.

He obviously saw my upset facial expression. "Sorry. I didn't know you felt uncomfortable with that word. You look beautiful today Ava.", he corrects himself.

"No, it's okay. I forgive you. You didn't know.", I say not looking to argue this early. And he really didn't know about my hatred for that word. At least he sincerely apologised and complimented me in another way.

"Thank you for forgiving me.", he smiles at me. That smile of his makes me forget everything he's done wrong. Not that he's done a lot of wrong things before but that's besides the point.

"We're hosting a party tonight by the way.", Colby says. "Oh, who's coming?", I ask.

"Just some friends. Friends you've met before and also friends you haven't...and Amber.", Colby says, saying Amber's name in a whisper.

Amber? That's just fantastic. Note the sarcasm in my voice. This night is going to be interesting...

—————————————————————
Thank you for 1k reads! I appreciate you all so much! Vote and Comment please <3