Chapter 32

Ava's pov

I wake up to someone's arm wrapped around my waist. I slowly turn around to come face to face with a sleeping Colby. He looks so peaceful when he's sleeping, almost as if he has zero worries in his life. I slowly climb out of bed and walk into the kitchen. Both Sam and Katrina are in the kitchen drinking some coffee and talking about who knows what. I walk over to the fancy looking coffee machine, making myself a hot cup of coffee. While making myself some coffee I hear Sam and Kat snickering behind me like two toddlers after they've done something they shouldn't have.

"What's the matter?", I ask them, now with a coffee in hand. "Did you have fun last night?", Katrina says smirking at me. "What do you mean?", I ask playing dumb. Did they see me and Colby leaving the club? Did they maybe hear us last night? "Your neck is a bit bruised.", Katrina says pointing at the hickey on my neck. I completely forgot about that! I'm so gonna kill Colby when he wakes up. "Oh, I burned myself with a straightener last night.", I say, trying to come up with a believable lie. "You're a terrible lier you know. I curled your hair yesterday and I know for a fact that I did not burn you.", she says.

I roll my eyes, realising that I have to tell them the truth otherwise they are not going to leave me alone until I do. "I may or may not have lost my virginity to someone last night.", I mumble so that they can't hear a thing. "Talk a bit louder maybe.", Katrina says. "I had sex last night.", I say it in a more vulgar way, getting fed up with this whole thing. "With Colby?", she asks in a whisper tone. I nod my head. Katrina gasps out loud and Sam looks uncomfortable, probably because he doesn't like the fact that he now knows his best friend and his future sister in law had sex. Sam and Kat aren't engaged yet but I know for a fact they will so that's why I call myself his sister in law.

"Was it good?", Katrina asks. "Katrina!", I yell with wide eyes. It was good but there is no way that I'm going to let Katrina know that. Colby enters the kitchen and I mentally thank him for walking into this awkward conversation stopping Katrina from asking more weird questions. "Happy birthday.", Colby says, giving me a tight hug. The hug went on for a long time before we let go of each other. "Oh yeah, it's your birthday.", Katrina says. "You forgot?", I ask not realising that she forgot my birthday until now. "No, I was just distracted by the huge hickey on your neck.", she says.

Colby snickers beside me and I just roll my eyes at him. Katrina starts singing happy birthday, Sam and Colby soon joining in. I hate it when people sing happy birthday to me, it's just so awkward and you never know what to do with yourself while you wait for the song to finish. They finally finish and Sam walks towards me engulfing me in a hug. "Happy birthday Ava.", he says. I smile at him as a thank you. Katrina does the same thing before I excuse myself to go shower real quick.

After my long, relaxing shower I put on a outfit I like to consider as Vegas appropriate. I straightening my hair and do my makeup a bit darker as usual.

I walk back into the living room seeing that the guys showered as well and are now seated on the couch

I walk back into the living room seeing that the guys showered as well and are now seated on the couch. "It's time for presents.", Katrina announces. "This trip is my present. I don't need any more presents.", I say. "Don't be silly. You only turn twenty one once. You need lots of presents.", Sam says. I choose to not argue with them so I go sit in my "designated" seat that they all set up to look like a throne. Sam gives me his present first, I tear off the wrapping paper seeing a Louis Vuitton box in front of me. I open up the box carefully, taking out a beautiful purse.

I already become emotional because this is the most expensive thing anyone has bought me yet

I already become emotional because this is the most expensive thing anyone has bought me yet. "Sam you shouldn't have.", I say tears already ready to fall out of my eyes. I hug Sam tightly to show my appreciation. "You only turn twenty one once.", Sam says, repeating what he said earlier. "Yeah but I don't deserve this.", I say almost crying. "Wait until you see the rest of our presents.", Katrina says handing me her present. I unwrap it to reveal a new Macbook.

"I got this because yours broke when you accidentally sat on it

"I got this because yours broke when you accidentally sat on it.", Katrina says. I laugh out of embarrassment for my clumsiness. "Thank you Kat.", I say giving her a big hug. It's Colby's turn now and I am really nervous about it for some reason. He hands me his gift looking nervous as well. I slowly unwrap it trying to prepare myself for whatever it is. It's a black jewellery box. I open it and I gasp out loud.

(pretend it says A+C and the date they met)

I stare at the gold necklace in shock. It has both of our initials on it with the date we met. "I know we're not dating anymore but I just know that we're meant for each other and that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. If you don't feel the same way it's fine but that's how I feel. I added the date we met on the necklace because the day I met you I fell in love. I knew that you were different. I knew that you and I are soulmates. Before I met you I never wanted to be in a relationship again after something with someone happened but when I saw you standing in the trap house's living room that changed. I wanted to be with you since day one. I l-love you.", he says.

He now has tears in his eyes and when a man cries you know he means every word he said. I walk over to him and I can't help but pull him in for a passionate kiss. He pulls me closer to him by my waist deepening the kiss. "Now I'm crying.", I hear Katrina say from behind me. Me and Colby pull away laughing at what Katrina said. "I love you too.", I whisper to Colby. He smiles at me putting his forehead to mine.

—————————————————————
Vote and Comment please <3