Chapter 19

Ava's pov

I can't believe I'm actually Colby's girlfriend! Last night was unforgettable. After the dinner and him asking me out we went straight home because guess what? We're going to a haunted place tonight!

Yep. I'm going ghost hunting with Sam and Colby. I'm terrified of paranormal things so I'm most likely going to cry the entire time.

Colby asked me if I would go with them on our ride back to Kat's apartment. Hesitantly I answered yes because who can say no to his pleading face?

I decided to sleep in Kat's apartment last night because I feel like a burden if I stay over at Colby's place every night. You're probably wondering what's going to happen with me job?

Well somehow they gave me a few days off. I don't know where we're going for the investigation but I don't want to know.

If I knew, I'll search up the place beforehand and end up not going because I'll be too scared just by researching the place. Katrina told me she's also tagging along so that made me feel tons better. If she can do it, I can do it too.

I'm currently in the kitchen eating some cereal in my pjs because why not? "Are you ready for tonight?", Katrina asks me when she enters the kitchen to make a bowl of cereal for herself.

"Not really. I'm already terrified.", I say with a nervous laugh. "Don't worry. These investigations is actually kind of fun.", she says.

"Kind of?", I ask. "Yeah. It's obviously scary and weird but it's also so fun to be able to communicate with a non living human being.", she says.

"I guess you're right. Do you know where we're going?", I ask her. "No. I told Sam to never tell me where we're going because I'll end up researching the place then not going because I'll be too scared.", she says.

Can you tell we're sisters? I put my bowl in the sink then start to get ready for tonight. It's 1pm because both me and Katrina woke up like an hour ago.

We're leaving at 2pm to go to the trap house to do some preparations. I don't know what that really means but I'm just going with it honestly.

I quickly jump in the shower to wash myself before I get out to put an outfit on.

I fix my hair into a simple ponytail and for makeup I do a simple look which consists out of mascara and eyeliner

I fix my hair into a simple ponytail and for makeup I do a simple look which consists out of mascara and eyeliner. There's no need to go all out for the ghosts.

Katrina drives us to the trap house. "Are you ready for your first ghost investigation Ava?", Sam asks me as soon as we enter the kitchen of the trap house.

"I guess so.", I say. There's loads of camera equipment, lights and I'm assuming ghost capturing equipment scattered around on the kitchen counter.

"Hey babe.", Colby walks around the kitchen counter to give me a quick kiss on the lips. He's so cute! I see Sam and Katrina stare at us with wide eyes.

"Did I miss something?", Katrina asks shocked. Oh yeah, I actually never told her that we're officially dating. "Well, last night I asked Ava to be my girlfriend.", Colby says.

Katrina let's out an excited scream. A very loud scream, I must add. "Congrats brother. You finally have a girlfriend.", Sam says with a laugh.

"Watch it Sam.", Colby jokes. "So you decide to throw your girlfriend in the ghost hunting business the day after you ask her out.", Sam says.

"I asked her is she wanted to join our video Sam. I didn't force her to say yes.", Colby laughs then puts his arm around my shoulders.

"I hate to say it but I told you so.", Katrina says looking at me. "I knew he liked you." she continues on. "Okay fine. You know best.", I say. "I know.", she says proudly.

"So since it's a four hour drive, we should probably get going.", Sam says, packing up all their equipment. We decide to drive in Sam's Tesla.

After an agonising four hours on the road with Katrina and Colby's beautiful singing (note the sarcasm) we arrive at our location. Both Katrina and Colby can sing really well but this time they purposely sang horribly to annoy me and Sam. I still love them though.

We climb out of the car to look at the huge building in front of us. Despite the fact that all the windows are still intact, this place looks pretty much abandoned.

"Ladies and gentlemen...welcome to The Waverly Hills Sanatorium.", Sam announces.

—————————————————————
I'm not going to recreate Sam and Colby's video on The Waverly Hills Sanatorium! Vote and Comment please <3