|~| five |~|

You watched as people filed out of the room, some of them saying things to Mirabel as they left.

Sighing, you went in the opposite direction of everyone else and walked out the front door.

Sitting down in front of the Casita, you covered your face with your hands when you heard a familiar voice.

"Hey, Y/n," Camilo said with a gentle smile.

"Hi Camilo," you groaned as he sat down next to you.

"I'm sorry that this was a disaster, I-" you pressed a finger to Camilos lips to silence him.

"It wasn't your fault, so don't apologize," you said, taking your finger off his lips.

To your surprise, he took your hand shuffled closer to you.

"How about I take you home, it is getting late," Camilo suggested. You stared at him for a moment before nodding and getting up off the ground.

Squeezing your hand, Camilo smiled at you and started heading to your house, trying to get you to laugh by telling jokes and shape shifting.

Upon arriving at your house, you thanked Camilo and were about to walk inside when he stopped you.

"Camilo? What are you-" your eyes widened when he pulled you into a hug.

It was warm and comforting, it made you feel safe, as if nothing in that moment could hurt you.

The two of you stayed like that for a few moments, and only did when a couple of kids ran by.

"Sorry, I just thought you looked like you needed a hug," Camilo scratched the back of his neck.

"I'm glad you did," you smiled, and waved goodbye before going inside.

You closed the door behind you and started to head up to your room, surprised to see your parents in there waiting for you.

"I see you're getting along well with that shape shifter," your mother commented as you walked in.

"Yes mamá," you groaned and sat down on your bed, knowing where this was going.

"He better be treating you well, because if he isn't-" you father started, but you quickly cut him off.

"I know, papá," you laid down, not wanting to continue this conversation.

"Ok, Y/n, we just want to make sure you know what you're getting yourself into," you dad said, opening the door to leave.

"It's not like we're together!" You sat up as your parents left the room, you could hear them laughing as they went down the stairs.

Groaning, you laid down on your bed face first.

No matter how hard you tossed or turned that night, you could hardly sleep. In the end you only got about three hours of sleep before your parents woke you up.

"Y/n! Wake up!" They barged into your room.

"Heh? What time is it even?" You asked groggily.

"It doesn't matter, something's happening to the Casita!" Your father shouted.

You immediately got out of bed and rushed to the window. Your eyes widened when you saw it falling apart.

Luckily you had slept in your clothes that night, so you ran out of your room and downstairs to the front door. Ignoring your parents protests, you sprinted towards the Casita.

You arrived just in time to see the Madrigals being pushed out of the door, only someone was missing.

"Mirabel!" You went to run inside, but were stopped by Camilo.

"Let go!" You yelled, trying to tug yourself away from him.

"Y/n please stop!" Camilo pulled you away as the Casita finally came crumbling down.

You stared in shock at the rubble, taking in what had just happened.

"Mirabel!" Juliette ran over to her.

"Oh my god.." you heard Camilo say from beside you.

He was kneeling down on the ground, eyes wide with shock and a hand covering his mouth.

You knelt down next to him and gently put your arms around him in a hug.

After a moment he hugged you back tightly, and you rubbed his back with your thumb as he cried into your shoulder.

The hug was soon cut short by someone yelling that Mirabel was missing.

Without a word Camilo grabbed your hand and went to see what all the commotion was.

"What's going on?" He asked his mother, who explained to him that Mirabel was missing and that we had to go look for her.

"Camilo, I am so sorry," you said once Pepa had left. Camilo turned to you.

"It's ok," he smiled, his eyes still glistening with tears. "Because as long as I have you, Y/n, I'll be fine."

Looking at his face it finally dawned on you. To Camilo, you were everything he could have ever wanted and more. You were the day to his night, the light to his dark.

"I love you, Y/n, I always have," Camilo gently took both of your hands and held them close to him.

"Oh Camilo.." you leaned in close to him. "I love you too."

His gaze softened and he leaned in closer to you. Your eyes fluttered shut as he leaned closer until his lips finally met yours.

He kissed you gently, and you kissed him back. It wasn't a long one, but it felt like forever had passed when he finally pulled away.

Opening your eyes, you smiled at him. However the moment was interrupted by Mirabel showing up.

Camilo looked at you apologetically and went over to his family.

Getting an idea, you ran back home where you were greeted by your parents immediately fussing over you and checking for injuries.

No clue how, but you eventually managed to gather everyone in town and take them over to what was once the Casita with as many building tools as everyone could find to help rebuild.

A couple hours into building you decided to take a break and sat down on a bench.

"Hola, mi amor," Camilo winked and sat down next to you.

"Hola niño bonito," you smiled and rested your arm on his shoulder.

"I met your tío, Bruno," you said after a moment. "He isn't as scary as you make him."

"Well I was five when I last saw him," Camilo smiled.

"Y/n, Camilo! Get up and help us build!" You heard Felix yell from behind you.

Laughing, you got up and planted a kiss on Camilo's cheek before running off to continue what you were doing before.

It took a while but the Casita was finally done, and you had just witnessed Mirabel putting a doorknob on the front door, which gave the Casita life.

And for the first time in three days, everything was fine. Bruno was back, the Casita was fixed, the magic was strong, and you managed to get yourself a pretty good partner.